Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions about new car? =D

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Questions about new car? =D

hello all! so yes i am a noob as i am posting here... But a few years ago... my uncle bought me a HPI Sport its in running condition but thats about all i know (the antenna for the remote broke but i assume you can purchase a new one? and the car would randomly stop running) i was wondering would it be better to purchase a new car? or play with this abit more? and see if i am able to fix it... The car is maybe 6 years old or so.. i got it when i was 13 from my uncle now i am 19 and i think i should be more able to find out whats going on with these cars... Finally how much would a new one cost? maybe a used one? Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Zeva; 02-03-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Rookie

The remote that i havea is a JR Racing Xr2
Looking at the car right now i can see that the wheels/tires are gone..> The rubber is extreamly cracked and wobbles when spun Also The battery may be done the voltage is reading 6.5 volts its a NICD battery? it also seems to be missing a bumper... Any help would be great! thanks!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You should be able to find parts on ebay at least. Check around some online hobby stores first though. It would be wise to get that car going first and go from there. Definitely get a battery and tires, if it turns out the car is not worth keeping you should be able to use these on other models. I know the antenna can be had easily on ebay.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Tech Rookie

hey i just noticed the car still works! the battery is totally dead though got like 5 seconds of run time off of it on high... Also do you know where i could get a bumper? and the battery packs? I dont mind knock offs or anything and what battery chemistry are best? i know i am now using NICD would any other chemistry be better? such as L-ion? What is this kind of battery pack called? And what type of antenna am i looking for its been so long since ive seen it xD thanks a bunch!

after playing with it a bit more, iive noticed that reverse no loonger works and the car randomly goes into reverse like i m not touching the radio and it would still go into reverse... Any ideas? sound like a broken speed control?

Also when i press the acceleration on the radio, It wont work unless i pull it slowly if i pull it fast to full forward, it will somply not wrok but if i pull it slowly, it will work

Last edited by Zeva; 02-04-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

for batteries, if you go "LiPo" (Lithium polymer) you will get much more speed, but would need to get an LVC (Low voltage cut-off)
i think NIMH would be good for now
for all (or most) r/c stuff, check out towerhobbies.com