Wiki Posts
Search

M11 or 3pks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default M11 or 3pks?

Hello I am in the market for a new radio. I am familliar with airtronics and have believed for years that they were the best. I haven't used a futaba in 15 yrs. I am impressed with their feature set of the 3pks. The biggest question is....the hrs feature. Does it really give you a good edge over the other radio mfgs? I do race competitively. I also have an open mind about possibly trying futaba again. I just wanted to see what everyone thought. I would much appriciate all the input I can get..........Thanks
Old 05-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)

been an M11 user since it came out, has a spek pro installed, had a 3pks bout a year ago. Didnt like it as much, the HRS didnt seem to do anything, just the futaba menus were difficult to use IMO. M11 gets my vote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Rookie

I have the 3PKS and it "fits" my style very nice. I haven't used an M11 but I'd say try both and get the one that you like best. As far as features, they both have more than most of us will ever use. I've read people having problems with the Futaba's (FAAST) rx overheating, but I haven't run into that. I've also read the M11 having bind problems.

Iv'e used both HRS and PPM on the 3PKS and really can't tell the difference. I guess if I were a Pro driver I could. Hope this helps a little.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

pick one you will like at least one of them or maybe both of them
Old 05-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ivew had my 2.4ghx m11 for about a year now and i love it.
futaba makes retarder stuff.
i dont need to know how fast im going or how many rpm's my car has.
m11 has more features to help you and your car.!!!!!
not to impress other people,lol
Old 05-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

why not dx3r? feather lite compared to m11 and 3pks! long races takes a toll on the wrist I would think!
Old 05-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NorCalLump
why not dx3r? feather lite compared to m11 and 3pks! long races takes a toll on the wrist I would think!
You are right I was just on losi's site looking at the new eight 2.0 and that dx3 was very impressive even though I have been primairly a airtronics person. You bring up a good point though of weight in a long main event. If you concentrate on the tx getting heavy your not concentrating on driving as much and then....a mistake. Great point I will go to the lhs and chk one out.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

I know is not in your list but think about this one. KO Propo EX-10 Helios 2.4GHz Radio.