Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
I'm a newbie.  4tec body doesn't fit right. >

I'm a newbie. 4tec body doesn't fit right.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm a newbie. 4tec body doesn't fit right.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 09:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Default I'm a newbie. 4tec body doesn't fit right.

Hi all.

I am a TOTAL newbie at RC cars, so I will probably depend on a lot of you for help in my new-found hobby.

Yesterday, I bought a Traxxas 4Tec, the electric RTR one. After applying the decals , mounting posts, etc, I go and put the body on. The right, rear wheel well is scraping against the tire. I've tried moving the rear posts up and down, but can't seem to get this shell to sit right. I even used some scissors to trim some of it. All this to no avail.

Do you guys have any tips or suggestions? I'm at a loss here, as I don't know what else to do. I have the mounting posts on the chasis correctly. I've checked this with the manual many times. I'm tired of driving my new car without the body!

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-04-2002, 12:51 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

How far off are the wheel holes? If it isnt that much, definately just trim away the extra. Otherwise check and make sure the body posts arent bent in some funky direction that would keep the body from fitting correctly.

Also make sure each side of the body is at the same hight. When you mount it, make sure that the pins that hold the body up are at the same level.

Try that, post the results.
Old 02-05-2002, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

The body holes may have been drilled incorrectly at the factory, you might have to drill another set of holes to fit the body correctly. Other then that I'm not sure ,Try what troy said first though. Good luck.
Old 02-05-2002, 12:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the reply guys. I ended up trimming all 4 wheel wells. This allowed more space on all 4 tires, and makes fitting the body to the chasis a lot easier. The holes did seems a little mis-aligned. I have to pull the body back about 1/8 of an inch to get the rear posts thru their holes, after the front ones are already on.

I'm already looking at some HPI bodies. What size will fit the electric 4tec?

Thanks again.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

The 4-Tec is 190mm so any hpi 190mm body will fit, just make sure when you cut the wheel wells and drill the body holes that it it all alligned properly. Good luck and welcome to the hobby.
Old 02-21-2002, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

If you want a more realistic looking body go to HPIracing.com and check out which style is best. For an older car look get a body from Bolink Inc. Now when painting your first body, buy a can of Pactra spray at your LHS in what ever color you want. For decals, HPI comes with some so no need to worry.