Wiki Posts
Search

Truggy suggestions ... Need something that will handle mx

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Truggy suggestions ... Need something that will handle mx

I wasn't sure which thread to put this in so i'm going to try this one first. I'm not really a rookie to rc's but I'm trying to find something to take to the mx tracks with me. I mx quads and like having a rc with me incase I break down so I don't have to waste my entire day with a long drive home of disappointment. I built a MGT to go with me but it has problems clearing some of the jumps and i'm thinking the weight has something to do with that. I've split rims after some of the big jumps that probably verifies it.

I've been looking the RC8T but there are many truggy options and now that you can just get a brushless setup in about anything that is also an option. What do you guys think will be the best for me?
Old 01-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wishmasstir
I wasn't sure which thread to put this in so i'm going to try this one first. I'm not really a rookie to rc's but I'm trying to find something to take to the mx tracks with me. I mx quads and like having a rc with me incase I break down so I don't have to waste my entire day with a long drive home of disappointment. I built a MGT to go with me but it has problems clearing some of the jumps and i'm thinking the weight has something to do with that. I've split rims after some of the big jumps that probably verifies it.

I've been looking the RC8T but there are many truggy options and now that you can just get a brushless setup in about anything that is also an option. What do you guys think will be the best for me?

VSPEC, enough said
Old 01-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

So any truggy with a vspec your saying?

A vspec in the mgt? My picco .28 is plenty in the mgt but the truck is limiting for what I want it to do.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

I don't think the vspec will work in a mgt for the reason there is no backplate for the pull or roto start. If your not clearing the jumps with a picco .28 more then likely its a weight thing. The mgt where one of heaver trucks out there. I would try removing anything thats not needed. I would get the RC8 It is a very nice truck and am thinking of getting that or a jammin X2 truggy.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

So any truggy with a vspec your saying?

A vspec in the mgt? My picco .28 is plenty in the mgt but the truck is limiting for what I want it to do.
A vspec can handle ANY truggy, Now a mgt. I.......DK about
Old 01-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Why not get a HPI 5B or 5T? An MX track would rock for running one of the 5th scalers.
If your not looking for the scale.. It wouldn't really matter which truggy you got.. as long as it's one of the major brands..
they are all pretty much equal in their own rights...
The Vspec answer above isn't really relevant at all.. You never asked about an engine.. yet you did mention weight..
+1 for the post count I guess...

I lean towards the RC8T, but thats just me.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SirKarnage
Why not get a HPI 5B or 5T? An MX track would rock for running one of the 5th scalers.
If your not looking for the scale.. It wouldn't really matter which truggy you got.. as long as it's one of the major brands..
they are all pretty much equal in their own rights...
The Vspec answer above isn't really relevant at all.. You never asked about an engine.. yet you did mention weight..
+1 for the post count I guess...

I lean towards the RC8T, but thats just me.
I hope the post count comment wasn't toward me, I could care less about that kind of stuff. I didn't mention changing the engine on the mgt because I know that the truck is limiting, which is why i'm leaning towards a truggy.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hope the post count comment wasn't toward me, I could care less about that kind of stuff. I didn't mention changing the engine on the mgt because I know that the truck is limiting, which is why i'm leaning towards a truggy.
Wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at Losi Racer

It was said already, any name brand mainstream truggy will do for ya. Like I tell every1 though, pick one with local parts support. there is nothing worse than having to wait 3 weeks for a replacement part that you broke and can't run your rigs!
Old 01-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

I picked up a mbx5t, no local support at all, but then again there isn't ANY local support around here unless I want to run traxxas. Everything must be ordered!