Community
Wiki Posts
Search

i havent got a clue and i need some help

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 05:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking i havent got a clue and i need some help

well..... my dude has an old beat up car a duratrax maximum st he says it is he has a car and a half but the motor dont work he wants 75.00 for them the motor he has is a torq .12 do yall know where to get one of these motors do they still make them , do they still make replacement chassis parts for these cars? is this car worh 75.00 (dude says he pd 300.00 each for them bout 5 yrs ago) does this sound right? if all this sounds like a bad investment to yall could ya recomend a good starter car? gas or electric which is better? thanx and sorry for ramblin this is first fourm ever posted on
Old 07-06-2008, 06:21 AM
Suspended

Since the ride you mention has been long discontinued, my first guess is that you'll find it impossible to find replacement parts.
Second, as far as it's value goes ~ generally speaking any RC car's value drops in half when it's used (that takes you down to $150), if it's well used half it again ($75), being that old half it again ($37.50), and if it's discontinued half it again ($18.75), and since it doesn't even work at all half it again which brings you to 9 or 10 bucks MAX as a reasonable resale price.

Buying used is always a risky undertaking, because most often there's a reason someone is selling something (as well as them bragging about what it cost) and usually it's because you're often buying someone else's problem.

I'd still recommend saving your money and do some looking around for something more current, and better, and make your first RC experience one you'll enjoy instead of one with built-in frustration.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Sounds like to much to me. I bought my son a Duratrax Evader for 125.00 and it is a good starter car. Not crazy fast but durable as can be. He has crashed it a million times and still no broken parts. We just upgraded the motor and it runs really well. I think you can get one from Tower Hobbies for the same price or so and only $50.00 more than the old junky one from your buddy.