Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what am i doing wrong???????

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Default what am i doing wrong???????

ok so everytime i change out my spur gear of my b4 and set my mesh perfectly.
then i set it down i gas it then it immediatley strips does anyone know why? help would be greatly appreciated.
is my mamba 5700 too much for my b4 lol
i hate both my b4s are annoying
Old 05-07-2008, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I personally don't have a problem with my mamba setup on my TC3, but you may have to turn down the punch control. I'm thinking about changing out to a metal spur. You don't loose power and its hela fast!

West Volusia R/C Club
www.wvrcclub.com
Old 05-07-2008, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smarking1212
I personally don't have a problem with my mamba setup on my TC3, but you may have to turn down the punch control. I'm thinking about changing out to a metal spur. You don't loose power and its hela fast!

West Volusia R/C Club
www.wvrcclub.com
here was asking about a b4 which is 2wd offroad and a tc3 is a 4wd onroad yes totaly the same and by the way stopping posting your club link put it in your sig not in a message
Old 05-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default b

That motor is not too much for the car. First thing you can do is replace the motor screw and make sure they are tight, make sure the spur gear is spinning true(no wobble in any direction), next thing to do is loosen the slipper a C-hair...post back and dont give up
Old 05-07-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Initiate

thank you for your help i realize it was meshed to tightly lol a dumb rookie mistake.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Drifting101
here was asking about a b4 which is 2wd offroad and a tc3 is a 4wd onroad yes totaly the same and by the way stopping posting your club link put it in your sig not in a message
You never answered his question. All you did was make yourself look like an ass! I changed it just for you. Oh yeah, drifting is for women. Real men race onroad
Old 05-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

You guys are silly! come on, are you overlooking the most simple things just to call each other women? Real Men dont call others things.

On the topic of spur gears on off-road vehicles, like the B4, there could be a few things you are doing wrong. just check for these things:

1. make sure you have proper spacing between spur/pinion. Use a strip of paper, and place it between the two gears. then secure the motor. the piece of paper will give the correct spacing/mesh of the gears.

2. make sure the slipper clutch is set properly. stripped spurs are a common sign of an over-tightened slipper clutch.

3. inspect the pinion gear itself. see if the teeth are deformed, or worn out. they will look shiney, and sharp. these can also shred spur gears.

4. Inspect the motor plate. see if it may be bent (like from a hard landing on the motor). a bent motor plate will result in an angled pinion gear position to the spur, and can strip things too.

5. try turning the Expo on the esc down, or just try to "ease" into the throttle. slamming the throttle will stress the transmision.

6. make sure the motor screws hold the motor in place. loose motor screws will change mesh, and cause stripping.

I hope that helps! cheers!
Old 05-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

You never answered his question. All you did was make yourself look like an ass! I changed it just for you. Oh yeah, drifting is for women. Real men race onroad
and you did?

i hate people who spam links to other sites and i am sorry for stealing your thread Kyle_Rcn3rd

and yes as Bigshades said check for any thing bent cause too tight will not do it by itself (i think) and if you use the paper trick make sure the paper is not too thick (i am speaking from experience as i have used thicker paper and it instantly strips the teeth)
Old 05-09-2008, 07:19 AM
Suspended

and YOU did ????

oh, and while I'm not into drifting (think it's a terrible waste of good rubber) - I'm not going to be bold or ignorant enough to shake a finger at anyone that finds it their gig only the ones that think their $&@# don't stink because they run what-ever ...and you might be in need of a mirror check.

to answer the thread originator's question - gear stripping generally comes from a few things: gear mesh set too tight (but it more melts the spur than strips it), gear mesh set too loose (try the paper trick, but use a page from the phone book = correct thickness), slipper set too tight (they slipper is there for a reason!), or something bound up in the drivetrain (spin the tranny and the rest of the rear end of the car to make sure everything is running smoothly, it might be time for some routine maintenance or a rebuild).
Old 05-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Its funny how this didn't pertain to you at all. Thats my opinion and you can kiss my %$. Take a drive to the sunshine state and knock on my front door!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Suspended

Its funny how this didn't pertain to you at all. Thats my opinion and you can kiss my %$. Take a drive to the sunshine state and knock on my front door!
I always find the guys with the biggest mouths online are the biggest needledicked wimps in real life - scared of their momma, let alone their wife - that couldn't beat their way out of a wet paper bag.

Matter a fact, I have a condo near Daytona we spend part of the year -- what's the addy, need to burn up some NetJets time anyway?
Old 05-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

[QUOTE=RocketRob40;4429350]I always find the guys with the biggest mouths online are the biggest needledicked wimps in real life - scared of their momma, let alone their wife - that couldn't beat their way out of a wet paper bag.

I second that!
Old 05-10-2008, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RocketRob40
I always find the guys with the biggest mouths online are the biggest needledicked wimps in real life - scared of their momma, let alone their wife - that couldn't beat their way out of a wet paper bag.
you took the words out of my mouth
Old 05-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There is hardly a motor out there that will shred a spur gear on your B4. I have no issues running a 5.5bl on my xxxcr. You need good motor screws and a good gear mesh, the old paper sandwiched between the spur and pinion gear is usually easy to pull of on a buggy.. I look for just a "tick" of play between the teeth

www.rcottawa.com

Old 05-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Drifting101
you took the words out of my mouth
There's usually a problem when you have something always in your Mouth! You both have a drip mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.