Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tranny binds in reverse

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Tranny binds in reverse

After running my revo for a few minutes it seems like the tranny binds in reverse, could this be a bearing heating up? It works fine for the first 5 minutes or so,it will spin in reverse with throttle,but after that it will barely back up at all.It doesnt seem to affect the forward motion at all. Any ideas, Im kinda nervous to tear the tranny apart, I should be ok though,just remember how it came apart.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

sounds like maybe a bearing or something. they have a revo thread in the nitro forum. ask anything in there and someone should be able to help you out.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dieseldog20
sounds like maybe a bearing or something. they have a revo thread in the nitro forum. ask anything in there and someone should be able to help you out.
Although I agree with you, that thread is mostly racers which have remove the backward gear as it is illegal. Also I remember something having to do with the optimatch or something that the Revo brings form factory. We also remove it.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Tech Rookie

I asked at local shop and the guy said it sounded to him like the reversing servo, was going out. its like $25.00. Im thinking more like a bearing,but seems like either one wouldwould give me more troble than it is.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:03 AM
Tech Adept

It was more than a year when we took apart he original Revo and convert it to a race machine, but don't remember any reverse servo. The reverse is a gear in the transmission. Anyway, if you plan to race it is illegal and pretty useless.

In case you want to modify the transmission you can either go with forward only or central diff. The later is the best choice.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Rookie

No I dont think I'll ever get into racing it, pretty much just a basher. there is a servo that shifts the tranny from forward to reverse and such,pulls a pin out of the tranny. Who knows though I have never been to a race, that may sway my decision if I actually see a race, I hear they are a blast..
Old 01-24-2008, 11:41 AM
Tech Adept

The race scene is just different not better or worse than the basher. Although racing is about sharing information and the drive to get better.

No doubt the RC hobby is a lot of fun.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

TBH racing is ALOT more fun. but i'm not sure whether thats true for MT's as well.

but if you suck, oh well, you're just bashing on a track with some truly nice folks who, like you, are there to have fun