Community
Wiki Posts
Search

getting started

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking getting started

I know everyone needs to start some where but is there anything that I need to do before I go to the track and waste my money. i know practice but what else a new radio big engine better srvos what tires bearings??? what I'm a little slow here but i'm ready to get down with it!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 02:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What car do you have?
Old 01-11-2008, 04:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default T-Maxx 3.3

I have a T-Maxx 3.3. What do I need to WIN, AND MONEY ISN'T A THING HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 05:51 AM
Tech Regular

Practice is everything and money is nothing. A good driver can bring a lousy car to the finish line with flying colors, but a lousy driver cant make to the finish line even with high powered and good setup car

imho!

Old 01-11-2008, 07:35 AM
Tech Champion

+1, power is nothing without control. Just like one fast lap is no good if its followed by 5 or 10 slow ones.

Get some wheeltime in with a slower car and build up, understand how setup changes the way the car reacts. Aim for lap consistancy too.

Sure it sucks, but most of us dont turn into a pro overnight, it takes time and a constant learning curve to get there.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chado757
I have a T-Maxx 3.3. What do I need to WIN, AND MONEY ISN'T A THING HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

If money isn't a thing, then dump that TMaxx and get a vehicle built for racing.

FWIW, I'm in the same boat and will be getting a Thunder Tiger ST-1 RTR kit for my son for his birthday. As I break in the engine and get used to driving it and doing maintenance I'll be investing in my own 1/8th buggy setup. (something like Jammin X1, 8ight, or the XRay) Nothing can compensate for experience on the track, even if you only know the basics. if you keep at it and learn something every time out, you will soon be doing at least as good as everyone else.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

wish I had the problem where $$$ is no object. Practice and talk with other drivers is the key to success. Good luck!
Old 01-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

The Good and Bad of this Truck.. Just My Opinion

Good, If you race this truck the class as a rule only usually has 3-5 trucks show up at club races. This is good cuz you can learn a lot with just a couple trucks on the track.

Bad, It is going to cost a lot to get that thing to handle half good. That kind of money would go into a bitchin Truggy.

Ether way just race and have a good time...
Old 01-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bowl806
wish I had the problem where $$$ is no object.
Me too, LOL.
If you have money to spend then just get a truggy.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazy4wdracer
Me too, LOL.
If you have money to spend then just get a truggy.
Or Buggy .
Old 01-17-2008, 02:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Default OK

Now I heard all this negitive feedback about buying a T-Maxx 3.3 and not a REVO. And yes I have been asking about racing a MT but it will be at the local track but I don't know how intense it will be there seeing they have one of th biggest outside tracks on the EAST coast. See I'm in the navy and I don't have many resorces out here in Japan. So all I got is this forum and you guys to help me get started and steer me in the right direction so that when I get back to the states I will be right on track with WINNING. So can you guys tell me what I need to buy for my T-Maxx 3.3(I can drive) I will need brand names and models or web sites that will be very helpful. thanks for your time guys!!!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 04:25 AM
Tech Adept

Now I heard all this negitive feedback about buying a T-Maxx 3.3 and not a REVO. And yes I have been asking about racing a MT but it will be at the local track but I don't know how intense it will be there seeing they have one of th biggest outside tracks on the EAST coast. See I'm in the navy and I don't have many resorces out here in Japan. So all I got is this forum and you guys to help me get started and steer me in the right direction so that when I get back to the states I will be right on track with WINNING. So can you guys tell me what I need to buy for my T-Maxx 3.3(I can drive) I will need brand names and models or web sites that will be very helpful. thanks for your time guys!!!!!
In this forum under Monster Truck there are threads for the Tmaxx and the Revo, I wil suggest you to get there since they are more specific.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cota348
In this forum under Monster Truck there are threads for the Tmaxx and the Revo, I wil suggest you to get there since they are more specific.
+1

Old 01-20-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cota348
Ouch
Old 01-21-2008, 03:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rltanner
Ouch
I meant that in those threads were guys that new the Revo and Tmaxx with a lot more detail.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.