Wiki Posts
Search

New to the forum, want to get into rc's

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New to the forum, want to get into rc's

hey everyone,

i've been looking to get into the scene for a little while now. i havent bought anything yet, to be honest i dont know anyone thats into it or much about it, but it seems right down my aisle.. so i thought someone here might have some pointers of what to look for in buying a beginner car, i think i'd rather go gas as to electric, and an on road car possibly, for right now $$ is a little issue. so im not looking to spend alot on my first one. i can upgrade later and give this to a friend to get someone else into it if need be, any info would be appreciated, thanks

scott

also, im in bradenton, fl(near sarasota/tampa).. if anyone is from around here and might know of a good shop to check out, or places to go.. keep me informed, thanks

Last edited by xxelgringoxx; 05-13-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

there is alot of action in the buy/sell/trade section of this forum....sometimes to the point you cant keep up with it. you can find some smokin deals on just about any car/truck you would want without the hassle of ebay etc.

nitro is alot of fun, just make sure you learn the basics about tuning the engines and get some basic knowedge from this forum on what is good and bad about the particular type of car you decide on before you just jump in. i have seen alot of people get discouraged especially just entering the hobby becuase they didnt do their homework before they made a purchace (no matter the budget) and got a car that wasnt in good shape to begin with. take your time and ask away, you cant go wrong here
Old 05-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxelgringoxx
hey everyone,

i've been looking to get into the scene for a little while now. i havent bought anything yet, to be honest i dont know anyone thats into it or much about it, but it seems right down my aisle.. so i thought someone here might have some pointers of what to look for in buying a beginner car, i think i'd rather go gas as to electric, and an on road car possibly, for right now $$ is a little issue. so im not looking to spend alot on my first one. i can upgrade later and give this to a friend to get someone else into it if need be, any info would be appreciated, thanks

scott

also, im in bradenton, fl(near sarasota/tampa).. if anyone is from around here and might know of a good shop to check out, or places to go.. keep me informed, thanks
there is a track in the corner of Bearss ave and SR41 called Adrenaline they are outthere almost every sunday go and check it out , also there is a new Hobby store on Dale Mabry HWY called R/C action hobbies the # is 813-881-9300 they are located between hillsborough and waters

also a good starter car would be something that is ready to run like a HPI RS4 3 then move up from there
Old 05-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i'd go to your local race track and see what there running (onroad or offroad). trust me, after a few spins with your new car you'll be dying to race. gas , i think, is alirght to start with. harder to understand? yes but not a big deal. also i think gas is a little cheaper. with gas you get more runtime too.

go with the hpi. should be a nice begginer onroad kit.