Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will this work? Tx/Rx/ESC

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Will this work? Tx/Rx/ESC

Hi, I just got back into R/C cars after about 6 years. Synthesized radios were just about to be released when I left and NiMH were just starting to get popular.

So now I'm looking to run brushless. I've got my sights set on the Novak GTB but I plan on upgrading my radio too. So I've been looking at the Futaba 3PM 2.4Ghz but it requires a 6V NiCD pack for the Rx, the ones used in gas cars?

But novak has the GTB Spread Spectrum ESC that works with Spread Spectrum Futaba radios. So I assume this means I'll be able to run:

Futaba 3PM-Tx/R603FF-Rx
GTB Spread Spectrum ESC
Novak BL motor
Hi-tech HS-625 servo
8000mAh 2C 7.4V Li-Po battery

Sound right?

-Thanks
Old 05-02-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

you don't need to use a rx pack with an esc on 6 cells as the esc powers the rx. The only time you might want to use a rx pack is in a 4cell 1/12 because the pt and some rx's need 6v.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

GUNNAs right. The main battery pack (in your case the 8000mah lipo) powers the receiver and servo through the ESC. Battery Elimination Circuitry (BEC) is an acronym you might see every once in awhile... it's pretty much an accepted fact that all ESCs do that now.

You'd need a receiver pack for a Nitro vehicle, and some 4-cell racers (I've only seen it on pan cars) use really small receiver packs to make sure that their transponders don't loose power under hard acceleration.

Outside of that, if you're racing electric, you'll have no need for one.

Mr.Maim
Old 05-04-2007, 01:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr.Maim
GUNNAs right. The main battery pack (in your case the 8000mah lipo) powers the receiver and servo through the ESC. Battery Elimination Circuitry (BEC) is an acronym you might see every once in awhile... it's pretty much an accepted fact that all ESCs do that now.

You'd need a receiver pack for a Nitro vehicle, and some 4-cell racers (I've only seen it on pan cars) use really small receiver packs to make sure that their transponders don't loose power under hard acceleration.

Outside of that, if you're racing electric, you'll have no need for one.

Mr.Maim