Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AE GT2 RS Slipper Clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default New AE GT2 RS Slipper Clutch?

Hey guys. I finally ordered my Associated GT2 RS RTR from Ultimate Hobbies today. I cant wait till it gets here. I have read that the slipper clutch comes set to loose from the factory and if its not tightend it will break. Could you guys tell me how to tighten the slipper clutch being that im new and have no clue what to do lol.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

First off:

Set your diff to fully tight and then back off 1/4 turn. This is as loose as the diff should be set.

Next:
Tight the slipper down as tight as it goes and back off a 1/4 turn. Holding one rear tire and the spur gear, grab the other rear wheel and rotate. You should only see and hear the slipper slipping. IF you hear a grindy noise the diff is slipping. So loosen off the slipper another 1/4turn. Keep repeatin this untill only the slipper is slipping. Then you can fine tune 1/8th a turn at a time for the track..

Typically if you launch from standing start(engine warmed up and tuned) Your slipper should slip for about 1-2feet.

Key thing to remember is the slipper is there to absorb landings on throttle or hard acceleration. ITs there to protect the diff and tranny first. and used for traction control second if at all
Old 03-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks alot man. I havent gotten the truck in yet but i hope its dilivered tomorrow.