Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starter Box Troubles.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

Default Starter Box Troubles.

Well I am finally dusting off the ol' XXX-NT, however I am having a problem. I am using it in conjunction with a OFNA Universal Starter Box, and a clip-on glow igniter plugged into the power panel. For some reason, I cannot press the truck down enough to engage the starter box's motor and "bump" the flywheel. It just seems to hang-up on the wheel. Dows the gel cell just need a charge? Can I use an Automotive Battery charger for that? Or could it be that the glow igniter I am using is taking up too much power? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:09 AM
Tech Adept

Yip the battery is just not charged enuf to spin the motor over, yes you can use a automotive charger to charge the battery hope this helps
Old 09-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

make sure the pegs on the box that hold the car are correctly installed so that the flywheel and starterbox wheel are aligned correctly and the wheel does not rub on the chassis and yes u should give the gel cell a charge.......u also might wana consider using a 12V car battery,they kick it over like a monkey on a trike