Search
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OffRoadJunkie

Question about Carisma 1/24 Off-Road Cars

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2024, 10:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Question about Carisma 1/24 Off-Road Cars

Ok, so I posted this to the general electric off-road forum before seeing this Rookie Zone so I apologize to the mods. My son and I are very new to RC cars and so far we are loving it. I got him a Carisma 1/24 Coyote Pup (MSA-1E 1/24th 4WD RTR Coyote Pup) and it's great. We also bought the add-on LED headlight kit (MSA-1E Front Bumper & Roof LED Kit) from their site as well. We got the lights hooked up and they work great but now the car no longer goes in reverse. After a bit of googling I see that I might have to recalibrate my ESC after hooking in the lights. Every tutorial I see says to press the "Set" button on the ESC but I cannot for the life of me find it. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Any tips on how to get reverse to work again?

UPDATE: So the calibrate/set switch was right in front of me and it shows the binding process in the manual. My mistake. However, I did all that and still no reverse.

EDIT: Misspelled some stuff

Last edited by birdman_jenkins; 05-24-2024 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Tried a few more troubleshooting things to rule out
Old 05-24-2024, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by birdman_jenkins
Ok, so I posted this to the general electric off-road forum before seeing this Rookie Zone so I apologize to the mods. My son and I are very new to RC cars and so far we are loving it. I got him a Carisma 1/24 Coyote Pup (MSA-1E 1/24th 4WD RTR Coyote Pup) and it's great. We also bought the add-on LED headlight kit (MSA-1E Front Bumper & Roof LED Kit) from their site as well. We got the lights hooked up and they work great but now the car no longer goes in reverse. After a bit of googling I see that I might have to recalibrate my ESC after hooking in the lights. Every tutorial I see says to press the "Set" button on the ESC but I cannot for the life of me find it. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Any tips on how to get reverse to work again?

EDIT: Misspelled some stuff
If you wish to get more into these, I recommend getting a "hobby grade" version. It will make your RC experience so much better. You will have more control, better smoothness, more power, more speed, and a ton of aftermarket parts to personalize it.

Your ESC and receive is all one unit. It looks like the button is above the on/off switch, but to the left. quick search, for the receiver, will allow you to see the button.

In the picture, below, you can see the white button to the left of the red and black sticker.

Old 05-24-2024, 12:12 PM
Tech Prophet

I think the bind button on esc is also called the set button.
Old 05-24-2024, 12:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the replies! We'll definitely be looking to upgrade at our local shop this weekend but I was curious if there was any hope for this one in the meantime. I followed all the binding steps (it was literally right there in the manual, I'm an idiot) but still no reverse. It still goes forward super fast so it's not the end of the world.
Old 05-24-2024, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the replies! We'll definitely be looking to upgrade at our local shop this weekend but I was curious if there was any hope for this one in the meantime. I followed all the binding steps (it was literally right there in the manual, I'm an idiot) but still no reverse. It still goes forward super fast so it's not the end of the world.
Is there an adjustment on your radio?

You can also get a new separate receiver and ESC. However, personally, I wouldn't put any more money into this car. I would get a hobby grade unit.
Old 05-24-2024, 02:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie
Is there an adjustment on your radio?

You can also get a new separate receiver and ESC. However, personally, I wouldn't put any more money into this car. I would get a hobby grade unit.
Yeah I think an upgrade is the solution since we're having so much fun. I'm sure we'll be back soon with more questions!
Old 05-24-2024, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah I think an upgrade is the solution since we're having so much fun. I'm sure we'll be back soon with more questions!

Any questions about brands and durability, we are all here.
petersen114 likes this.