Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complaint Thread - as requested by Wild Cherry

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default WC

Again we explain the decision making process at ROAR. Committees (class committees and the ExCom) make decisions not any one person. There are many days many people in the ROAR committees wish they could quickly make an individual decision but we do not do that.

Next the classes are not premier or optional or 2nd class. They are all the same but when interest wains then we need to reasses if that class should be run for that national.

Offering a multitude of classes gets a multitude of winners I suppose but having a single National Champion for a given scale and class makes a lot of sense. If you do win you can really claim to be the best. Not the best of a small subset but the best.

Not everyone attending the nationals goal is to make the A Main or win. Some people actually go to see if they can do better than they did last year or compare themselves to people they read about online. Some go to be part of a very high level competition and have a good time with people of like interests. Nationals offer a lot to a lot of people -- we can't all win though.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

I've joined SCCA to run Rally and there's no age classes there - only car classes.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:03 AM
Tech Legend

Thanks again Rick !

Who is it that decided the master`s are not worth it ?

Roar reps say the hosting track
You( Rick), say some off-road com

Just going by last year`s Stk event you have 20+ racer`s in the Master`s...

and, a lot of those ran a extra class, say another 15 entry`s...

Give us Master`s a good reason why the class is`nt worthly !

Rick , please understand the Master class is a special class , its the people that compete in the class that makes its so special, its a great honnor to make the Roar poduim in this class , thus my pride.....Master`s is`nt so much about being a winner, or being the fastest racer !

In the old days we had big names in the event Mike Reedy, Pops Losi, ect.

Now its more about racing with your senior racer`s in the sport you love & doing with respect towards one another ! In other word the sportsmanship carry`s more a load, than how you fast you went !

show

No respect , bad sportsmanship > bet you won`t win a Master`s event !

Rick , I`v competed in three of these master`s events, believe its true what I say....

Rick please tell me how can cutting this class be a good thing for racing ?

Its sure is`nt about this "there`s to many class`s", cus nobody has complained about us old farts ! And I can`t understand why having a extra 30 to 40 entry`s would be so bad either....

8 plus years of history & now its over ?

I`m really gona hate that .....

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 07-13-2005 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:52 AM
Suspended

Thumbs down

You need to check your math. There wasn't a Masters class 17 years ago in stock off-road.

That would put it starting around 1987/1988. There wasn't a Masters class back then. There wasn't even a separate Stock Off-Road Nats. Further, there weren't any Stadium Trucks either!

The Off-Road Nats had 2WD Stock & Mod, and 4WD Stock & Mod.

The Off-Road Nats weren't split until about the 1993-1995 timeframe. Up until that point, there was NO Masters class. Why? Because there were too many entries as it was. That's why they split the Nats in the first place!

As for when the Masters thing got started? I believe it was the US Indoor Champs in Cleveland around the mid-90s. Maybe NORRCA had a class before this, but I never paid much attention to them.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I believe the idea of a master's class started in 1/8 on road, about the time the pan cars were giving way to the suspension cars. It was obvious that the older guys couldn't keep up with the younger drivers coming into the hobby. The younger guys had much better reaction time and hand eye coordination. Masters was adopted at Cleveland since 1/12 was basically an offshoot of 1/8. When this started there was only 1/12 at Cleveland, no touring cars yet. So you had 3 classes, stock, modified, and masters (which ran mod motors).

Honestly I've never heard of a master's class in off road. I could be wrong.

Now, lets talk about classes they don't run anymore. Boomer already mentioned 1/10 pan car. There was once a huge contingent of 1/8 2 wheel drive racers, that's long gone. Also in nitro on road was 1/10, known as 235mm, a less expensive alternative to 1/8. Gone, not even competed at the worlds level any more.

Now Cherry, are you really telling me the only way you would have fun at the stock off road nats is if there's a master's class? Talk about selfish. Forget about supporting ROAR, how about supporting off road RC racing? They're trying to put on a race to see who is the best at this particular form of racing. Just go, race, have fun, and help out where you can. But if the lack of one particular class is going to make you leave this hobby....

...Don't go away mad,.....
Old 07-13-2005, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

ROAR is not trying to do away with the masters class, they are trying to do away with people old enough to run it.You people complain about everything, we don't care how you use to do it.Just kidding. I am old enough to run that class, just not interested. There is a masters class this weekend at the nitro touring car nats,I bet the turnout there is 15 or less. To me, that is alot of extra work for a class that so few people show intrest in.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Exactly, Wardo and JimL!!!

Let's focus on promoting a class that will actually HELP this hobby/sport - Juniors! Now THERE'S a concept. . . and the only person who's mentioned it here had NO complaint, just an EXTREMELY POLITELY WORDED REQUEST.

Shows the difference between respect and crotchety, don't it?
Old 07-13-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Legend

Mcsmooth, I did get the math wrong, should of posted 8 years ago...Sorry , will edit....

JimL , I always race 2w bug in the stk nats , its fun & all ..
But , my favorite class is the Master`s.....

Master`s class = I`v been willing to spend the thousand or so $ to travel & compete in the event....

I`v been in this sport ( not hobby) sence 84...

No way I`m gona stop ......

Will even stay on Roar , but only for the vote I get the in next election...

Wild (geo)
Old 07-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

I hear there is going to be a new sheriff in town for the next presidential election. I think SHE might clean house.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:20 AM
Tech Lord

Hey, it sucks when your favorite class isn't run, but at least you can still run your car. I has a lot of money invested in my Serpent Impact, only to wake up one day and find the class didn't exist any more. Now that sucks, but that's life. Defending your class is one thing, but screaming ROAR Sucks doesn't do any good.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

Default Wardo has it right

I guess my post was confusing though. Regarding the race you are referring to the track had the discretion to not run this class and chose to do so because of concerns of low turnout for the class. In general ROAR decisions are made by committees not individuals.

WC if you want the class to continue in the future the best way to channel your energy is to get more people to sign up on regional levels and express interest in the class for the future. Blaming me personally for a justified decision by the track does nothing to help revive the masters class that you want to continue.

Anyone of any age is welcome to participate in this event.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default 235

Jiml,
235 is still alive and kicking. the outlaw class is a legitimate recognized class and we run it every club race. Apparently the interest is lacking in your area?
it is only a 10 hour drive to my track from New York, we are racing this weekend. we usually have 5-10 outlaw drivers. it is the most fun onroad class by far.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Tech Lord

Only a ten hour drive??? Thanks alot pal!

The Impact is gone, sold it to someone in Miami where there is also a big outlaw class. I picked up a used MRX-3 for this year. See how things go before I get a new car.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Legend

You know ?

I really hate it when I`m right about something ! LoL !
Old 07-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I remember there being a masters class at the 96 stock nats in Fargo, and in every one since then, not too sure about the 95 though. I wasn't paying attention then.

Our region has had a masters stock truck since 98 at least, with the same group of guys racing in it every year.

Only 14 more years till I dominate the class. I have a calandar that I mark off each and every day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.