Community
Wiki Posts
Search

18a ESC paired 3s 30c lipo

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 02:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 18a ESC paired 3s 30c lipo

wassup guys, fairly new to rc planes..i have a GWS Slow Stick with a 18a esc from a package i bought from nitroplanes..heres a link of the package im using http://www.nitroplanes.com/60p-dy-10...ProductReviews
right now im using a 1300 mah 2s 25c lipo but i feel like it could use a little more kick. Is it safe to pair up my 18a esc and brushless motor with a 1300mah 3s 30c lipo? I tried seaching and couldnt find a solid andswer..i just dont wanna burn out the esc..thanks alot everyone! any help will be much appreciated
Old 03-28-2012, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

you should be good to go, i run and 18a esc with a 1800man 3s 30c lipo in a 1:18th and have absolutly no problems
Old 03-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

On a slow stick??? really???
Yeah, should be fine. It says on the page you linked "Li-po: 2-3 cells".
Watch the temps at first, and make prop changes if necessary.
If you're looking for more fun factor, put ailerons on it, or even better, get another plane.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Tech Initiate

slow sticks are the shit!
Old 03-29-2012, 03:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Go for it...

Sounds pretty safe but... Advice for newbie electric flyers? -get yourself a wattmeter. Whether you can run a particular setup depends on the combination of components, and it'll end up being a matter of prop selection to give you the performance / duration you need. With a wattmeter you'll be able to measure what amps you're drawing so you can avoid cooking esc's, motors, lipos etc.

-Joolstacho
Old 03-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by joolstacho
Sounds pretty safe but... Advice for newbie electric flyers? -get yourself a wattmeter. Whether you can run a particular setup depends on the combination of components, and it'll end up being a matter of prop selection to give you the performance / duration you need. With a wattmeter you'll be able to measure what amps you're drawing so you can avoid cooking esc's, motors, lipos etc.

-Joolstacho
Makes very good sense, imma prolly get a wattmeter today..thanks alot joolstacho
Old 04-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by allmotordc5ive
Is it safe to pair up my 18a esc and brushless motor with a 1300mah 3s 30c lipo? I tried seaching and couldnt find a solid answer.
The picture in the link you provided shows the ESC label. On the label, it says "2-3 LI-XX". Just watch the motor temp. Downsize the prop if needed.