Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Axe CP Lipo battery

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default Axe CP Lipo battery

I have an Electrifly Triton 2 EQ charger and am wondering if I could use it to charge the battery(Electrifly BP 910) that comes with the Axe CP? It seems like its possible. But, one of the warnings for the battery says to never charge through the lead for the ESC. The lead for the ESC has the Deans plug that I will have to plug the charge lead for my charger into and the other lead on the battery has the plug for the balancer. But, the instruction says not to charge through the lead for the ESC. With the charger that comes with the heli the battery is always charge through the lead with the balancer connector, but I would like to use the Electrifly Triton 2 EQ charger.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

not really understanding what your describing as it differs from what ive seen is the setup on the axe cp. the battery should plug into the esc. you could plug a charger into a esc only if the deans plugs were soldered on wrong to begin with. the battery should have the female side of the deans plug soldered to it with the parallel blade being negative and the perpendicular blade being positive. the esc should have the corrisponding male deans plug. there should be no way that the battery is wired directly to the esc. if it is, it is done wrongly. you might want to post a pic of your setup.

the way it should be setup is that you will unplug your battery from the esc and plug it into your triton charger, with balance optional im guessing. you should not plug into your esc or even need to consider it as if the deans plugs are installed correctly theres no way you can plug a male plug into another male plug. it would probubly be best to actually charge the battery outside of the heli anyway.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:07 AM
Tech Adept

You misunderstood me. I'm not trying to charge the battery while its in the heli, and the battery does have the female deans connector. The battery also has another connector which looks like it would be connected to the balancer for a charger. My problem is that the warning says never to charge through the deans plug on the battery. If I try to use the triton charger thats the only way I see charging it. With the charger that comes with the heli the battery is charge through the connector that looks like its for the balancer.