Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
which prop makes a 3 channel heli move foward??? >

which prop makes a 3 channel heli move foward???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which prop makes a 3 channel heli move foward???

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default which prop makes a 3 channel heli move foward???

this is my heli below picture, does the rear prop move my heli foward? it seems to be because i have a 3 channel heli the rear prop moves when i move the right stick foward so since this is a 9101 29 inch double horse people have told me to heat the rear prop and change the pitch to be more agressive, which i did but i dont really see the heli going any faster foward?? should i change the pitch so the blades are flat? but mainly i am asking which prop moves a 3 channel heli foward, details please and which way do i change the pitch on the rear prop( if thats the prop thats moves it foward) thanks all

Last edited by Rcchopper; 11-25-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rcchopper
this is my heli below picture, does the rear prop move my heli foward? it seems to be because i have a 3 channel heli the rear prop moves when i move the right stick foward so since this is a 9101 29 inch double horse people have told me to heat the rear prop and change the pitch to be more agressive, which i did but i dont really see the heli going any faster foward?? should i change the pitch so the blades are flat? but mainly i am asking which prop moves a 3 channel heli foward, details please and which way do i change the pitch on the rear prop( if thats the prop thats moves it foward) thanks all
The answer is; All of them. The main rotors provide thrust and the tail directs that thrust exponentially. The best way to get the Dub Ho to forward fly faster, is to increase the tail's ability to direct that thrust at a more extreme angle.

Mods for the tail on your heli are the same as for the 9053 Volitation. A tail rotor with a wider surface area will generally do it. Changing the pitch won't really help much. You can find several videos on youtube and info on forums all over the net on how to go about it.