Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the best Micro Heli? HELP ME OUT

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

So the msr , revell pro to max & nine eagles pro are all basically the same Heli just re branded ? And if so are all parts interchangeable ? Thanks
Old 06-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The Nine Eagles and the Revell are the exact same heli, and parts are interchangeable. The MSR however is a totally different heli.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

I grabbed a modded msr off a forum member ,rtf, waiting 4 it 2 get here. Any tips?
Old 06-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Blade MCX2. I race them in the winter on obstacle courses we run in conjunction with pulling trucks & 1/18 off road on carpet. Check out my videos to see them in actions. They are awesome & fun to fly indoors. Outdoors it has to be pretty calm otherwise they blow away with the wind. I love them for indoors.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tZmW_T8z-8
Old 06-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

That video won't load
Old 06-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Video link worked for me but you can also search in youtube for "Mermaid Racing 2/13/11" or on my youtube page listed in my signature area. Cheers
Old 01-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default need help

Originally Posted by EverettY
The MSR would be a good heli it is challenging and you don't get bored of it very quickly.
like a dummy i bought the mcpxv2 an im having a hard time with it ,crashed it a few times,had to replace the swashplate did it myself:did some things like turning servo arms out a little.lots of neg. pitch now,an vibration im unable to do much with it now im lost.i think i need to get a fp nxt wk.im thinking about the msr120.need some advise.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TYLORD
The Nine Eagles and the Revell are the exact same heli, and parts are interchangeable. The MSR however is a totally different heli.
good to know!
Old 01-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by edgarmcdavid
like a dummy i bought the mcpxv2 an im having a hard time with it ,crashed it a few times,had to replace the swashplate did it myself:did some things like turning servo arms out a little.lots of neg. pitch now,an vibration im unable to do much with it now im lost.i think i need to get a fp nxt wk.im thinking about the msr120.need some advise.
That should read "i bought the mcpxv2, like a dummy im having a hard time with it" JK
But seriously, your feathering spindle is probably bent if you're getting a lot of vibration. Take it out and replace it with a new one, or carefully straighten your old one. Make sure to put everything back EXACTLY as you removed it. Those tiny washers in particular.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (98%+)
Default Mcpx

If u already know how to fly the Mcpx/1and2 is nice...but most importantly...get the one u like the most and are most comfy with..cheers
Old 01-29-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hey guys I'm in the same boat here, want to get a micro heli but don't want to waste my time on junk and get bored or have to upgrade right away. Was looking at the Align 100s rtf, but after reading this thread thinking more into the Blade mCP X V2 rtf. I assume this would be a good choice if I spend some time with the sim software? any opinions appreciated!
Old 07-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vw addict
Hey guys I'm in the same boat here, want to get a micro heli but don't want to waste my time on junk and get bored or have to upgrade right away. Was looking at the Align 100s rtf, but after reading this thread thinking more into the Blade mCP X V2 rtf. I assume this would be a good choice if I spend some time with the sim software? any opinions appreciated!
Ugh..keep away from the Align 100s...POS. I was totally surprised myself, bring an Align product...but they sort of jumped into the micros way late and tossed a crappy product to market...Very fragile material...the canopy cracked immediately when I was putting it on the heli...the 100s sort of snaps together (its in 3 pieces when you get it) and the head/main shaft is forever separating from the rest of the heli. Currently, I am back in the market for a micro (some of my rc toys were destroyed in a flood I had at home) and I am not sure what I am going to get. Blade seems to be a top choice, but I have had good and bad experiences with Blades. So know I am looking into the Revell, Novus and Nine Eagles. Walkeras always look sweet, but support is lacking and they just seem sketchy to me. My 2 cents.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

rajadat- nice avvy

I would advise the 50$ model heli to start with. that will get you over the learning curve without breaking the bank. after you master that you can buy a bigger/more expensive one that suits your liking. I got the 50$ one and could fly the shit out of it. it had a IR combat system. so my brother and i spent a month in the basement in combat. really fun, but i am glad i only made the 50$ investment.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morellja
Ugh..keep away from the Align 100s...POS. I was totally surprised myself, bring an Align product...but they sort of jumped into the micros way late and tossed a crappy product to market...Very fragile material...the canopy cracked immediately when I was putting it on the heli...the 100s sort of snaps together (its in 3 pieces when you get it) and the head/main shaft is forever separating from the rest of the heli. Currently, I am back in the market for a micro (some of my rc toys were destroyed in a flood I had at home) and I am not sure what I am going to get. Blade seems to be a top choice, but I have had good and bad experiences with Blades. So know I am looking into the Revell, Novus and Nine Eagles. Walkeras always look sweet, but support is lacking and they just seem sketchy to me. My 2 cents.
A lot of folks speak bad about the Trex 100. I bought the 100x combo and the only thing crap was the free FMS simulator. After setting the swash and trims mine flies great. Took a week to get it hovering right and that was coming from a co axial. Was it worth $120 new nah but it was fun to learn with. Don't touch mine since I moved up to the blade sr(not 120sr). Post is old but just had to stick up for the little guy. Just needs a chance in my opinion. Can't wait to get the sr 130. Also I have my micros for sale anyone interested. 3ch, 4ch and 5ch I think the Trex 100 is. Thanks
Old 07-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a Blade mCX and it is awesome for flying around the house!