R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   RC Flight (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rc-flight-109/)
-   -   SYMA heli? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rc-flight/472443-syma-heli.html)

nerdyrcdriver 11-27-2011 08:44 AM

I have the s107 and I love it. Very easy to fly and durable. Though, I have beat mine to no end much more than anyone should. It is missing all of the rear end other than the tail boom itself. (no supports) and the motor broke from me being stupid. But, it still flies great as a 2ch heli! I just stuck a nerf dart in the front to give it a bit more speed. since I cant control the speed now. But if you treat it right it should last years. I beat mine all over the place because I got a bigger heli for flying outside. I might order another s107 after christmas to have something to fly around inside.

Aaron chen 12-02-2011 11:41 PM

Are you a beginner pilot looking to learn the basic dynamics of a rotary flight? Or an advanced pilot trying to test out new maneuver tricks?Syma S107 is a good choice,’ve been flying my Syma S107 for 2 month now and very enjoy it .It was my time to paly a heli pilot but I have already control very well.I also bought it from bangood.com 2 months ago,at that time the price is higher than now.

Aaron chen 12-21-2011 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by LHD (Post 9458526)
I have the Syma S107. Its very stable, durable & good for a beginner.

just as my s107.stable,durable,anti-resistance.

Aaron chen 12-21-2011 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by fstrnu (Post 8504957)
are the cheap SYMA heli's good for beginers?

you could visit here,banggood.com.

madweazl 12-28-2011 10:48 AM

I ordered 8 of these (various Syma models) as Christmas gifts this year for all the guys and they were a hit with everyone. I've never seen so many people have so much fun for such a long period of time with such an inexpensive toy. I figured they'd all be broken within a matter of minutes but they actually held up very well. One of them (Coast Guard 111) was defective out of the box; wouldnt move forward because of an issue with the tail motor (could move backward). Items that were broken over the course of the day were a couple tail rotors, a main rotor head, and some misc parts (ie canopies, side pods from a 108, etc). I was going to return the 111 but decided to just order another and we canabalized the 111 for the parts to repair the broken rotor head on the 108. Of the models purchased, the 108 seems to be the most aggressive in terms of flight characteristics. The 109 (Apache) seems to be the most stable of the lot and was very easy and predictable to flight in tight spaces. The 102 (Black Hawk) seemed to have the most lift out of the bunch but also had the touchiest throttle (tough to hover without throttle input where the rest of them seemed to hover without as much throttle manipulation). We've only flown 4 of the 8 and of those 4, 1 was defective out of the box. I'll update after this weekend (rest of them will be given out) and report on how they're doing.

I cant believe how durable they have been though; none of the recipients had flown helis before with the exception of myself (limited experience) and it showed. I cant count how many times these things have hit the concrete from 8-10' off the ground. None of the main blades have broken yet but we did have the one head failure late Christmas night. Of the 3 that were operational all day, the 108 consistantly had the longest run time of the bunch and usually last 2 minutes longer than the 102 and 109. The 102 and 109 had very similar runtime to one another; perhaps the 108 we got just had a very good battery (2 more 108s will be used this weekend so I'll report if there is a pattern with the longer runtimes).

We were able to fly 3 of them at the same time. I'd read that while the 108 had 3 channel selections, only 2 seemed to work. The 108s remote wouldnt bind to any of the other helis. We put the 102 on channel B, the 109 on channel A, and used channel B on the 108 (which reportedly didnt work from other reviews I've read) and were able to fly interference free all afternoon. The remote from the 108 is a bit different from the others and has 3 channel selections vice the 2 that are available on the other 2 models. I guess channel may be a bit confusing here, the remote and heli is a 3 channel unit providing throttle, rudder, and forward/backward motion. There are also the channels (pretty sure that was how it was labeled in the manual) that can be used to separate your remotes from the others so you can fly simultaneously around other helis.

Godzilla1974 08-12-2012 08:10 AM

syma s301g

i got a syma s301g ang cant get it to work. that everything i now to check.