R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   RC Flight (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rc-flight-109/)
-   -   SYMA heli? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rc-flight/472443-syma-heli.html)

fstrnu 01-17-2011 08:54 PM

SYMA heli?

are the cheap SYMA heli's good for beginers?

AudioStylz 01-17-2011 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by fstrnu (Post 8504957)
are the cheap SYMA heli's good for beginers?

I'm curious to know too, look similar to the blade mcx but with a cheaper price point that would allow me to get flying like next week instead of who knows when.

RACETEK 01-18-2011 12:20 AM

I have one and I think it flies very well, especially for the price. I removed the fly bar weights, landing skids and one of the rear tail fins to make it fly a little more aggressive. It is perfect for flying around from my desk.

TYLORD 01-19-2011 11:01 AM

If you think you want to try a 4 channel or 6 channel in the future, don't start on a 3 channel. The controls are completely different. Get a coaxial to start. A little more pricey, but way more beneficial.

symmetricon 01-20-2011 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by TYLORD (Post 8513009)
If you think you want to try a 4 channel or 6 channel in the future, don't start on a 3 channel. The controls are completely different. Get a coaxial to start. A little more pricey, but way more beneficial.

+1
If you a noob to helis you need to start with a 4channel co-axial. As far a I know Syma doesnt make a 4 channel co-axial.

snapper2k11 01-23-2011 10:33 AM

I got the Syma S107 R/C Helicopter for christmas, and its pretty fun. The controller takes a bit of getting used to , but the helicopter itself is quite sturdy.

gapjr 01-23-2011 11:37 AM

Like they said. The syma s107 is a fun, very easy to fly heli. But a 3 channel heli will help you in no way if you want to step up to flying a "real" 4 channel or higher heli. I have the syma s107 and it's almost to easy too fly! It is alot of fun though.The heli itself withstood several crashes from me and seems very well built for the price. Alot better built than "air hog" type helis thay sell at toy stores and kiosks at the mall. If you're buying it just for fun around the house or office, it's perfect. If you're buyin it to "learn" how to fly rc helis, well.... not good for that. My S107 was lots of fun and easy to fly until I dropped the remote. It landed right on one of the sticks and all my fun was over :cry:. For $25-$30, I'm probably going to buy another one. Hope this helps.

JEFFs SC10 02-03-2011 04:55 PM

I'm happy with mine, I chase my cat around with it. Very easy to fly and very very fun and cool! I think I'm into heli's now! :nod:

PhotoGreg 02-03-2011 11:32 PM

Both my kids have Syma Heli's.

They are VERY durable and have survived a ton of crashes, a cat mauling and an attempt to fly it outside.. lol.

:)

So far, just some tape was all thats needed to fix my sons after he crashed it, and stepped on it.

Greg

JatoTheRipper 02-04-2011 10:57 AM

Where are you going to get parts for this SYMA if it breaks?

I bought an E-flite mSR and I love it. It wasn't easy to learn, but that challenge is what made it so fun. If it was very easy to fly I would have put it down a day or two later.

On top of that, E-flite helis are so durable. My mSR has crashed full speed into the walls multiple times and hasn't broken anything more than a landing gear. And E-flite parts are readily available in most of the local hobby shops here. I can't say any of them carry SYMA.

I'd say save your money and get an mSR or an mCX. It will be worth it in the long run and if you decide you don't like it you will have something with resale value.

LHD 07-30-2011 03:23 AM

I have the Syma S107. Its very stable, durable & good for a beginner.

Grand National 07-30-2011 06:46 PM

I love both of my SYMA S107's! :nod:

woods2007 09-03-2011 12:27 PM

Lishi Phantom 6010 is better than CYMA

SYMA comes with small Lipo only can fly about 5 minutes each full charge. Phantom 6010 or Lishi L6019 fly about 9 minutes!

Rcchopper 11-11-2011 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 8600184)
Where are you going to get parts for this SYMA if it breaks?

I bought an E-flite mSR and I love it. It wasn't easy to learn, but that challenge is what made it so fun. If it was very easy to fly I would have put it down a day or two later.

On top of that, E-flite helis are so durable. My mSR has crashed full speed into the walls multiple times and hasn't broken anything more than a landing gear. And E-flite parts are readily available in most of the local hobby shops here. I can't say any of them carry SYMA.

I'd say save your money and get an mSR or an mCX. It will be worth it in the long run and if you decide you don't like it you will have something with resale value.

tons of parts are available for the syma at xheli.com prices are great, example- a buck for a set of blades!:nod:

rcheliguru 11-27-2011 05:57 AM

THe syma s107 is a great heli to play with. But then again, that's what it is. It's a toy and not really something i would recommend if you really want to learn how to fly any RC heli like a 4 channel and ultimately a 6 channel.

The syma's are super sturdy. Check:
http://www.rc-heli-review.com/rc-heli-reviews/syma-s107

You can't really fly them outdoor. any little breeze will blow them away.
Indoor they are super fun and parts are widely availible and very cheap.

Good Luck