Wiki Posts
Search

What to do with a Heli?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiMadMan
Ok I just bought a Blade 400 from someone who only ran 4 packs through it for $300 flat. I'm a newbe to flying, so please tell me this is not the biggest piece of chit like I saw someone post. I hope this wasn't a mistake, I thought $300 wasn't a bad price for a pretty much brand new Heli. The Heli was never crashed he said he didn't have the time for it.
I've got a Blade 400 and it's an AWESOME helicopter! I have 25 years experience flying planes and fairly new to helicopters. This thing flys so good it's scary. After a couple months I can fly it around pretty fast, almost like an airplane. I'm still a little nervous with it but I've only had one very minor crash, didn't even break the blades. The big crash is just around the corner I'm sure.

Only negative is the stock battery is not the best, mine just puffed up after maybe 30 charges and the stock servos are VERY weak in the event of a crash. You have to buy new gears for them but they are cheap to replace.

My local hobby shop sells the Blade 400 for $375 if anyone is interested. Go to www.coyotehobbies.com and ask for Steve or Troy, they'll take great care of you.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

I've been flying helis for almost 15 years, and I was impressed with the Blade 400. No, it doesn't fly as good as a trex. But 1/2 the cost you can't go wrong. Last winter, when it came out. I was at a LHS when they were first delivered. On the box it stated that it could be 3d'ed out of the box. The shop owner asked me to do a test flight for him. After charging the battery, I took it up into a hover. Stable I thought, then I set it down, put it in idel up. Checked to see if it had negitive. And bam, I was 3'ding it. servo's were slow. But it was only 10 degrees out. I flew it for a couple of minutes, until my fingers froze. I'm not an electric heli guy, but I liked it. As far as crashing, I kept my broken blades in a box. About 8 years ago I hit 100 sets of broken blades, I stopped counting them at that time. And most of these were 46 and 60 size blades. (50's and 90's weren't out yet). I'm a nitro person, I tried the electric thing a couple of years ago, but went back. I guess I'm old school.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

For the price of a blade 400, why would anyone even begin to consider a (POC) blade cp? I believe the blade 400 just became the new entry level cp heli.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sm1nts2escape
If you are just going to get a blade don't worry about a sim but if you are going to get a 3d capable heli like a t-rex raptor x-cell and so on you will definitely need a good flight sim like real flight.Believe me I used to fly planes all the time when I was younger and then flew a heli on the sim and it took me about 50 crashes just to be able to hover the thing half a$$.The real flight sim is pretty close to the real thing except for the wind.3d helis are not cheap and when you crash them they need to be completely checked over and setup again.Which is no where as easy as putting a car on the setup board.
By Blade Do You mean Blade CX2 Which is not capable of 3D flight.

But A blade 400 Is capable of 3D flight just clarifying