Wiki Posts
Search

Blade CP / Pro

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Blade CP / Pro

Has anyone bought the "Pro" kit yet? If so what is your opinion of it? Our LHS is getting a shipment in tomorrow and I was thinking about picking one up.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

my hobby shop had them in today for 249.. and they look really sweet...

i have the cx and would definately like to step up to the pro...

Please, anyone that gets one, leave some remarks for us here...

Old 07-30-2006, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Post CP Pro

I think the CP Pro is awesome. A lot of improvements/upgrades from the regular CP. We fly every Tuesday evening inside our R/C facility and have a fun time testing/tuning/wrenching on all the e-helis. I learned on a CX and jumped to the T-REX... but I am going to pick up a CP Pro as well.

You can read a lot more on the CP Pro here:http://www.steelcityhobbies.com/2006...adeCPPro.shtml

MR
Old 07-30-2006, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

I bought the "Pro" kit, which is so not me since this is my first heli. I just couldn't justify spending $200 on a CX to learn with and turn right around and buy this one too. I got it home Sat. night after racing and was trying to fly outside about 2am . It didn't go so well, within 30 min., I had stripped the plastic gear, bent the main shaft, and destroyed one blade. Oh well, the price of learning . So, as of tonight, with the heli back in one pc., I've been hopping about. I figure short low flights should help me get some practice in and build confidence to take it up higher. With all this practice I think I'll try inverted flights tomorrow
Old 07-31-2006, 12:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Parts!!!!

I think they ought to give you the helicopter and they would still profit on the parts alone. I bought their cheapest trainer and have done nothing but break it and order parts. The hobby shop I go to said that everyone is complaining about them and he may quit selling them.
Godspeed
Old 07-31-2006, 04:52 AM
Tech Regular

I highly recommend using the Training Gear! It is only a few bucks and will save you a whole lot more!
Some people take off right of way and "go for it"... but most usually crash and burn! There are a few hop-up parts that can help out big time on your crashes... but you do not want to go hog-wild because these things are designed to fly within limitations. Such as: Some like all the bling bling! I have seen (and sell at SCH) the all aluminum heads... they look awesome but they also add a LOT of weight at the top! That can bend on the smallest of crashes. You have to pick wisely on what you hop-up.
I started with the CX and highly recommend that. With this easy to fly heli you will learn the basics and still have fun. When you are ready to jump to the next level, the Pro is good because it already has a lot of hop-ups built in. You are also ready for the brushless system.
It comes down to personal preference. I started with the CX and jumped right to the T-REX. I did this because the T-REX is a little larger and a whole lot more powerful than the CP. Although I am thinking of getting a CP PRO for something different... but I have not done that yet.
The bottom line is that it is personal preference and what you want to spend. I hate spending money twice, but I highly suggest either getting a CX first and LEARN.... or at least get or make some training gear! Money well spent.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

I would have bought the training gear if it was in stock at the time...but it wasn't. I have the training gear on order along with some other crash parts now. I don't think I'll need more than another two weeks to get it into a good hover, I'm trimming it out a little at a time right now. Now if only that damn tail would stay in one place!!!

I have a question on the LiPo battery it comes with...Can you charge the battery without discharging (with use) it down to recomended levels or can you charge anytime?
Old 07-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by killingtime
It didn't go so well, within 30 min., I had stripped the plastic gear, bent the main shaft, and destroyed one blade. Oh well, the price of learning .

And you blame your wrecks on me. I was no where near there!
Old 07-31-2006, 02:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Webb...Heli.. Punkboy with Pellet gun ...Tim winning touring races..What is Maryland coming too....
Old 07-31-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fastasu2
And you blame your wrecks on me. I was no where near there!
Yea but we weren't racing for second place in heli's!

Originally Posted by John Tag
Webb...Heli.. Punkboy with Pellet gun ...Tim winning touring races..What is Maryland coming too....
Hmmm...since you put it that way, maybe we should all switch around. Punky should get back to winning races, Tim can fly the heli so he doesn't have to drive through someone in a race , and I'll use the pellet gun in case Tim tries that hack move on me again!!
Old 08-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

I have a question on the LiPo battery it comes with...Can you charge the battery without discharging (with use) it down to recomended levels or can you charge anytime?
DONT EVER DISCHARGE A LIPO!!! Yes you can charge it if it is still charged and always store your lipos charged and never run the battery all the way dead.

I just picked up the CP pro last week and I am having a blast. For this being my first heli I havent broke to much. I broke the blades so I upgrade to the eflight carbon fiber blades and they work very well. If you are new to heli's make sure to use the training gear, it will save you in the long run. Also something that has helped me from breaking stuff is we fly at a park so most the crashes are on the grass and that softens the impacked. Also the CP pro flys really good out doors in the wind.

For the price I am really happy with the CP PRO.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

When I said "discharged" , I meant while being used. But, still good info.

Well, day 4 with the Pro and I've burned up the TR motor . That little 180 can only do so much! I have upgraded to the CF blades which took a little getting used to. It seems like the Pro doesn't come off the deck as fast now...might just be a pitch adj. needed. I did have one hard landing that had something come loose in the head and it allowed the CF blade to drop and cut the tail boom in half. No damaged to the blade though

I figure that since the wife has squashed the idea of getting the G3 sim for the computer so that I can learn there..I'll end up spending the same amount in parts just trying to get into a FF simple circle!
Old 08-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

I finally sat down to replace the tail boom. Has anyone attempted this yet? I was expecting to unsolder the motor wires and pull the boom off the main chassis. HA!, it didn't happen. Seemed like EFlite glued the boom in. It took forever to get the boom out. After splitting the boom from repeated twisting I had to dig out the remaining CF with a dremel.

I upgraded the tail with getting the double motor mount. It added alot of weight in the rear which had to be compensated for up front. But the added weights didn't affect it too much at all, better than expected even. I'll post some pics of the upgrade if anyone is interested.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

I finally sat down to replace the tail boom. Has anyone attempted this yet? I was expecting to unsolder the motor wires and pull the boom off the main chassis. HA!, it didn't happen. Seemed like EFlite glued the boom in. It took forever to get the boom out. After splitting the boom from repeated twisting I had to dig out the remaining CF with a dremel.

I upgraded the tail with getting the double motor mount. It added alot of weight in the rear which had to be compensated for up front. But the added weights didn't affect it too much at all, better than expected even. I'll post some pics of the upgrade if anyone is interested.
Eflights tail booms suck, I made mine out of some carbon rodding we had and work and it is way stronger. Ya when you glue the tail boom make sure to use THICK ca and only a tiny drop.

What battery are you using? I was thinking with the added rear weight it might be good to go a thurder racing 1320mah lipo. Give it a little more power and run time.

Where did you get the double motor mount?
Old 08-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

I'll have to go back and put a drop of CA in there. Right now it's in there and being held ok just from friction, no twising from rudder, even under high load. As for battery, I'm using the stock 1100 maH LiPo that comes with the Pro kit

I picked up my dbl motor mount from HeliDirect . I bought the blue anodized one. I thought the silver one looked too heavy. They shipped quickly and were about the cheapest I could find. Also anyone want some cheap sym. blades to learn with (destroy ), I picked up three sets at $7-8 ea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.