Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > RC Flight
Introductions >

Introductions

Introductions

Old 09-16-2019, 10:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Introductions

Hello. My name is Mark Dakin. I got introduced to RC flying about 2 years ago by my eldest brother who's been flying for nearly 40 years! I think it might have been his way of bringing the brothers together again after a long time apart over an old falling out. It worked...too well! Now, nearly 3 years later, I have approaching 50 planes, from small, UMX planes (I'd guess about 25) to my newest acquisition, a 1/4 scale J3 Cub. The majority of them are in some state of damage or the opposing state of repair since although I am officially addicted to RC flight now, I will probably never be the pilot my brother is...but I'm getting better!
I'm sure I'll meet a lot of you virtually and soon as I have sooo many questions.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey there! Found this place not long ago as well and it seems to be the best for knowledgeable people
Old 01-12-2020, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Mark, Jamie here. I figure you seem like a good person to ask since I'm a complete newbie to the flying aspect of RC. Nitro off-road is where I tend to spend most of my time but I'm definitely interested in getting into fixed wing. Are there any recommendations that you have in terms of what I should get? Are there (Ready to fly) kits? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.