Search

rc boats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 05:28 PM
ras
Tech Rookie

Default rc boats

I am new to boats but not new to rc.I'm considering purchasing a rtr gasolene operated boat.A boat that can handle rough waters and is durable.The two choices I am looking at is the Aquqcraft riz 51 and the Proboat blackjack.I plan to just bash around and maybe sometimes race.Any other boat suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

I would stay away from that rtr stuff if looking at new. Check these out, well worth the price and great customer service and you did it yourself. http://whobbies.com/product.php?id=611
Old 02-17-2013, 10:45 AM
ras
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ras
I am new to boats but not new to rc.I'm considering purchasing a rtr gasolene operated boat.A boat that can handle rough waters and is durable.The two choices I am looking at is the Aquqcraft riz 51 and the Proboat blackjack.I plan to just bash around and maybe sometimes race.Any other boat suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.Now I'm looking for an electric brushless boat for just bashing around in lakes and calm waters.Which one do you think, with your research and experience.Proboat Impulse,Shockwave,Aquacraft Super V,Traxxas Spartan,also what do you think about the Aquacraft mini mono,I think its cool to have at the sideline any review on this little bugger.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
I would stay away from that rtr stuff if looking at new. Check these out, well worth the price and great customer service and you did it yourself. http://whobbies.com/product.php?id=611

not to start anything or go against your statement but. I would recommend going to www.JRCBD.com become a member and make a post about what you are looking for. in that website all the manufactures of RC Boats,engines and Hardware hang out at and you can get a better choice of boats,engines and pretty much about everything,.. nothing against that link you have. but theres better out there..

Julian
Old 02-20-2013, 11:44 AM
ras
Tech Rookie

Default Proboat Impulse 29 rtr brushless esc

Originally Posted by ras
Thanks, need some reviews and experience with the esc that comes with the new Proboat Impulse 29 brushless.I just bought one and can't wait to get it wet. Heard the motor is great but the esc is not too good from some owners. Is it because of bad care, or a manufacture default?If it is maybe a manufacture problem what's the best esc should I upgrade to for a reasonable price? If it is the owners fault, what can I do to prevent the esc from going? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ras
But if you are beginner you must start with a RC Boote or electric instead of gasolene.It is best for both beginners and advanced modelers and provide a lot of information about it.My brother also use Targa 38 EP RC Boat.Fantastic remote controlled RC boat. Dynam Targa is a high performance boat. This boat has a motor racing> controller is further protected from moisture, high-class 2.4-GHz radio.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by judithangels
But if you are beginner you must start with a RC Boote or electric instead of gasolene.It is best for both beginners and advanced modelers and provide a lot of information about it.My brother also use Targa 38 EP RC Boat.Fantastic remote controlled RC boat. Dynam Targa is a high performance boat. This boat has a motor racing> controller is further protected from moisture, high-class 2.4-GHz radio.
thanks Judith for the help and for the link becouse like ras I am also new to this hobby and I was looking for a RC boat to start with. this link helps me allot.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry, but I've got Julian's back here. "The Dock" is the premiere site for RC gas boats and they have a forum for just RTR gas boats. You'll get honest questions and answers to just about any one made. The Warehouse Hobbies boats come in various levels from bare hull, pre-drilled easy to build kits or ready-to-run. They're solid boats that will take the beating of a beginning boater and keep on ticking. For the money I'd put one of Tony's boats up against an AquaCraft or ProBoat any day!
Old 03-13-2013, 01:36 AM
Suspended

Dolphin Nitro RC Fiberglass Racing Boat is also great one you can try this one.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:19 AM
Suspended

Default RC Boats

Radio Control (RC) boats are a hobby fans young and old to enjoy boating. Sailboats, motorboats and warships are just some of the many designs of fans enjoy RC boats. These boats are powered by electric motors, gasoline engines and even wind power. However, despite all these differences, RC boats fiberglass or plastic, it all starts with a boat mold.

Regards.
Andy.