Wiki Posts
Search

in search of fiberglass f1 tunnel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 11:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool in search of fiberglass f1 tunnel

so at the end of last season i wreck my f1 tunnel 7.5 [fiberglass] and am looking for a replacement some thing newer mine was all most 10years old and i have a hard time finding just a hull it seems that companys have change over to rtr and like to build not into ready 2 runs but emty hulls seem to be hard to find so ant suggestons would be great

Last edited by BoatReaper; 06-06-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BoatReaper
so at the end of last season i wreck my f1 tunnel 7.5 [fiberglass] and am looking for a replacement some thing newer mine was all most 10years old and i have a hard time finding just a hull it seems that companys have change over to rtr and like to build not into ready 2 runs but emty hulls seem to be hard to find so ant suggestons would be great
Maybe I can help you. I have a F1 tunnel in my barn for 7.5 cc but it needs some restoration. I am not racing tunnel myself so maybe it is something for you. Can you drop me an email so I can send some pics. I think it is an old Prather hull.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Default f1 thanks

that would be great
Old 03-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

Reaper,

If you're set on a glass hull & want a NEW one, look at LeeCraft http://www.pacinfo.com/~yayoe/. Lynx may be another option. (Lynx may only be 3.5cc). If you are into scratch building there are some pretty competitive hulls you can pick-up plans for as well.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default thanks chunk

I do a lot of scratch building and some glassing, but i was hoping that could move the equipment and get back on the water so I could keep working on a different boat. [lol] so i was kinda set on glass, but I will definitely check out the sight. Thanks chunk! This just happens to be one of those to many project going at once and I was not looking to add another big one on the side. [lol] All though I am noticing that 7.5 in glass are not easy to find. i was wondering what would happen if i go the bad spots in thin lite ply and resin.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BoatReaper
... i was wondering what would happen if i go the bad spots in thin lite ply and resin.
??? not sure what you mean by that comment. If you are talking repairing a hull I'd try to match materials (glass to fix glass, ply to fix wood, etc...). If you're talking new construction... When I build a framed hull, I like to wrap it with a layer of light glass to hold it all together for those occasions I tangle with another boat. If I'm building WOF I just use resin over ply.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Default chunk

yea ok that make since thanks chunk