Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By EbbTide
  • 1 Post By chevmaro

M11 or upgrade to MT4s?

Old 05-15-2017, 03:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default M11 or upgrade to MT4s?

I have an M11 in perfect working condition. I'm trying to decide if it's worth upgrading to the MT4s. I know the M11 is an old model, but is it worth it to upgrade? Will I notice that much of a difference? Does the Mt4s and receivers make the esc and servo response time much faster? Does the response time depend on which receiver and servo is used with the Mt4s, or is it the radio itself that makes it faster?
Any other info and input is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 05-15-2017, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rgrg2 View Post
I have an M11 in perfect working condition. I'm trying to decide if it's worth upgrading to the MT4s. I know the M11 is an old model, but is it worth it to upgrade? Will I notice that much of a difference? Does the Mt4s and receivers make the esc and servo response time much faster? Does the response time depend on which receiver and servo is used with the Mt4s, or is it the radio itself that makes it faster?
Any other info and input is appreciated.

Thanks
I'm not saying you'll exactly notice it as it depends on whose finger is on the trigger, but yes the speed is technically much faster and the receiver options are a lot nicer too imo, especially with the new built in antennas. I love that for on road or a buggy chassis with very little room inside. But if the m11 still does everything you need and you don't have $250 to burn, then I don't see much reason to upgrade. I'd still use my mx3x if the local hobby store didn't give me a great deal on the mt-44 lol

The response time is going to require you using a faster servo combined with the newer receivers. Otherwise you don't really see the benefit.
rgrg2 likes this.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm still using the M11x, thinking about upgrading as well. Mine has about 6 years on it, i got my money worth.
rgrg2 likes this.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The MT4 is a great radio as I went from the X3 sport to this radio and the response is fantastic for me. The first thing you will notice is the weight it so light sometimes you have to look down at the control to be sure you are holding it. The only thing I dont like is the case is easy to scratch. I guess thats why they have all those crazy skins for it. I met a guy who had a M12 the last time I went to a track and He let me hold it. It was a little heavy compared to my MT-4 and it was all scratched up from just laying it down on a work table
Old 05-19-2017, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

M11 is nice. I just replaced my m8 for a nearly new m11. I just need to get the module and battery now