Search
Like Tree84Likes

Tekin Rx8 Gen3 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Tekin Rx8 Gen3 Thread

No info on it yet, looks like updated case and soldering posts. Would like to know what's new in the software.
Attached Thumbnails Tekin Rx8 Gen3 Thread-img_3767.jpg   Tekin Rx8 Gen3 Thread-img_3768.jpg   Tekin Rx8 Gen3 Thread-img_3769.jpg  

Last edited by 1/8 IC Fan; 05-02-2019 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Thats cool, be nice to know what changes are in store! Sub'd
Old 03-17-2017, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Thats cool, be nice to know what changes are in store! Sub'd
Sucks they plan on using the same type fan from the last version. Should've made the top a little taller to stick the thicker style fans like the HW fans have. Would be a little sturdier.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

aaaaaaaaand still in a plastic case going over $200. No thanks.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

The funny thing is, I love my rx8 gen2 because it's never missed a bit. But I refuse to buy the 3rd gen or any new Tekin esc. Just so much good competition for a better price. Now if Tekin can either lower the price or start using machined aluminum, I'd be much happier trusting my money with them.
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

I am just hoping it means more development on the 1/8 ESC front. Wonder if it will keep up with the XR8 Plus - my favorite and current ESC!

Imagine they updated it to be compatible with their app they were showing around lately.

Although I do not have any plans to switch to Tekin. run the Motors yes, ESC nah, ill pass.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:48 PM
Team Tekin

We design products to work the best in the application. 1/8 scale is extremely abusive with massive impacts and shock. While an AL housing may look good it really does not serve the purpose best or as well as polycarbonate. Rigidity is not really a good thing when it comes to electronics and having some flexibility in the case is a good thing. Everyone mounts them on gel tape or double pads so they get that.

The Rx8 also already has an extremely effective heatsink that allows it to not need a fan in almost all cases. It does not need the extra heatsink from the AL housing.

While there are many new advantages to the Rx8gen3 for power handling, software, smoothness, performance, and stonger bec, we are expecting over time what people will realize is the durability. Part of that is the case design to reduce stress on the circuit boards that can cause broken solder joints and cracked components.

Ever seen a slow motion video of a 1/8 buggy flat landing on basically concrete from 10+ ft in the air

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 03-17-2017 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have to say the Tekin guys/gals are pretty good about responding to comments, offering information, etc. on here and in other forums as well. Much appreciated.

In the essence of sharing info any word on Hotwire 3.0?
xfbaap and MoltoMiller like this.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:56 PM
Team Tekin

Thank you ! We really do put out heart and soul into these products and consider every customer part of our family. We are one of the few companies left that is family owned and operated and really designs the products that keep the technology moving forward instead of just picking a color...

The HW3.0 with Blue tooth is very close.... We have had a few unexpected delays.
xfbaap and MoltoMiller like this.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
We design products to work the best in the application. 1/8 scale is extremely abusive with massive impacts and shock. While an AL housing may look good it really does not serve the purpose best or as well as polycarbonate. Rigidity is not really a good thing when it comes to electronics and having some flexibility in the case is a good thing. Everyone mounts them on gel tape or double pads so they get that.

The Rx8 also already has an extremely effective heatsink that allows it to not need a fan in almost all cases. It does not need the extra heatsink from the AL housing.

While there are many new advantages to the Rx8gen3 for power handling, software, smoothness, performance, and stonger bec, we are expecting over time what people will realize is the durability. Part of that is the case design to reduce stress on the circuit boards that can cause broken solder joints and cracked components.

Ever seen a slow motion video of a 1/8 buggy flat landing on basically concrete from 10+ ft in the air
Yep. I run a piece of foam under my gen2, and I don't screw it down all the way, so it has a tiny bit of give into the foam. casing the big jumps in e-buggy is brutal.

i even put my gen2 in my traxxas x-maxx, amazing that it can power such a heavy truck...
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

When will you guys release spec and price on this? And release date.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

While there are many new advantages to the Rx8gen3 for power handling, software, smoothness, performance, and stonger bec, we are expecting over time what people will realize is the durability.
I can't see that thought process in the design. You still have the power switch set externally. The first RX8 I bought had the power switch break on me within a few packs. Make that switch built in and then I could reconsider your above statement
Old 03-18-2017, 08:05 PM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

External is much better IMO. once the ESC is out of warranty, cut off the switch and solder the wires together. No switch is mich more reliable than any switch.
DRTMI likes this.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NoobRacer
When will you guys release spec and price on this? And release date.
Tekin - RX8 GEN3 1/8 Brushless ESC
A couple things I don't see if it now has are, auto cell detect &/or any dust/moisture protection.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkl
External is much better IMO. once the ESC is out of warranty, cut off the switch and solder the wires together. No switch is mich more reliable than any switch.
You don't have to wait until the warranty expires. I cut the switch off as soon as it comes out of the box and have never had an issue getting them warrantied if needed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.