Search
Like Tree84Likes

Tekin Rx8 Gen3 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
This is the most important part. On a Futaba setup you MUST turn on the transmitter and be on the correct model to use the Hotwire 3.0 in Bluetooth mode.

Futaba actually grounds out the signal wire on the ESC until the radio binds and is on together. Your old system was not like this, as most aren't.
Thank you! That’s what I did after recognizing the fan was never on when the radio was off. I wanted to confirm though I wasn’t doing anything wrong. Thanks!
Randy_Pike likes this.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Would a tekin rx8 gen3 be a good combo with a tekin pro4 hd 4300kv motor?
Old 04-08-2018, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darryl1980
Would a tekin rx8 gen3 be a good combo with a tekin pro4 hd 4300kv motor?
That would be the ideal ESC for that motor
Old 04-10-2018, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok hoping for some help here.

I was forced to purchase a gen3 rx8 and bluetooth hotwire at the recent pnb. (smoked a speed controller) I installed the rx8 but was not able to get the bluetooth hotwire to work. I took all my stuff up to Martin Harrison for some help. He spent a great deal of time messing with it but also was not able to get it to bind. He was able to program my speedo with a cable he had. Is the not binding an issue or do I simply have a crappy hotwire? I continued to mess with it throughout the rest of the weekend and found that if I uninstalled the app on my phone and downloaded it again I could bind and it would work but as soon as I tried to go into it again for another adjustment it wouldnt work and I had to uninstall and reload again. I am using a sanwa mts4 radio. Any help would be great as of right now I am very frustrated with this setup. Martin said he was going to reach out to Randy but I had left before I could reconnect with him to see if he figured anything out.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:31 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KINGZJ
Ok hoping for some help here.

I was forced to purchase a gen3 rx8 and bluetooth hotwire at the recent pnb. (smoked a speed controller) I installed the rx8 but was not able to get the bluetooth hotwire to work. I took all my stuff up to Martin Harrison for some help. He spent a great deal of time messing with it but also was not able to get it to bind. He was able to program my speedo with a cable he had. Is the not binding an issue or do I simply have a crappy hotwire? I continued to mess with it throughout the rest of the weekend and found that if I uninstalled the app on my phone and downloaded it again I could bind and it would work but as soon as I tried to go into it again for another adjustment it wouldnt work and I had to uninstall and reload again. I am using a sanwa mts4 radio. Any help would be great as of right now I am very frustrated with this setup. Martin said he was going to reach out to Randy but I had left before I could reconnect with him to see if he figured anything out.
I'm here now

What phone? What radio system?
Old 04-12-2018, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

I am using a sanwa mt4s radio with the 472 receiver. I am also using a samsung s8 phone.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Exclamation

I am using a sanwa mt4s radio with the 472 receiver. I am also using a samsung s8 phone.

Man that does Not sound good at all, please keep thread updated, as I have a new RX8 GEN3 /HOTWIRE 2.0, And the Bluetooth tuner as well, Tracking says it will be here Today, just not installed any electronics yet, as I'm finishing e-buggy build this weekend as well
Old 04-17-2018, 02:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi all.

I've an issue with the torque level configuration on the RX8 Gen 3. With hotwire 2 (USB). Hotwire and Esc are updated to latest v258.
I configure with the android App a torque level of 7 and on the PC soft I see a level of 9. There is the same offset of 2 in every case, and when the torque level exceed 8 in android App, it is at its maximum with the PC soft.

Anyone with the same issue?
what is the correct torque level, Android app or PC soft ?

thanks
Old 04-19-2018, 01:10 PM
Team Tekin

Using a PC, I'd like you to verify your ESC is on v258 software. If so please do the following:

Unplug your ESC from the radio system, power it up and follow the bind procedure using the app.

Be very mindful of the blue LED on the Hotwire during this procedure. It should be flashing...once it binds it will stay on solid. Does this occur?
Old 04-19-2018, 03:54 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by gjeremie
Hi all.

I've an issue with the torque level configuration on the RX8 Gen 3. With hotwire 2 (USB). Hotwire and Esc are updated to latest v258.
I configure with the android App a torque level of 7 and on the PC soft I see a level of 9. There is the same offset of 2 in every case, and when the torque level exceed 8 in android App, it is at its maximum with the PC soft.

Anyone with the same issue?
what is the correct torque level, Android app or PC soft ?

thanks
You have found a bug. The PC version is showing the correct value. We're pushing an App update here shortly that will fix this, and work on the upcoming software updates.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Using a PC, I'd like you to verify your ESC is on v258 software. If so please do the following:

Unplug your ESC from the radio system, power it up and follow the bind procedure using the app.

Be very mindful of the blue LED on the Hotwire during this procedure. It should be flashing...once it binds it will stay on solid. Does this occur?
yes its 258 still no luck with binding tho blue light does go solid
Old 04-20-2018, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Thumbs up

This is the most important part. On a Futaba setup you MUST turn on the transmitter and be on the correct model to use the Hotwire 3.0 in Bluetooth mode.

Futaba actually grounds out the signal wire on the ESC until the radio binds and is on together. Your old system was not like this, as most aren't.

NICE SUPPORT!!!!
Old 04-23-2018, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

ok Tekin Gurus out there.
I just finished wiring up my Truggy with a Tekin RX8 Gen3 and 1350 Kv Tekin Truggy motor on 6s. Bound the radio, set everything to the right trim etc. Problem.......The throttle has no feather control, As soon as you breath on the throttle it just hauls ass. It does have some control over hauling ass fast and death con 9 fast. Brakes work great. I have an old, old, old tablet that might be part of the problem as well. Any thoughts on why I can't go just 1mph to 100mph at a slow easy pace? I replaced the sensor wire and still does it.

Thanks in advance for all your help
Old 04-23-2018, 02:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by HollywoodRC
ok Tekin Gurus out there.
I just finished wiring up my Truggy with a Tekin RX8 Gen3 and 1350 Kv Tekin Truggy motor on 6s. Bound the radio, set everything to the right trim etc. Problem.......The throttle has no feather control, As soon as you breath on the throttle it just hauls ass. It does have some control over hauling ass fast and death con 9 fast. Brakes work great. I have an old, old, old tablet that might be part of the problem as well. Any thoughts on why I can't go just 1mph to 100mph at a slow easy pace? I replaced the sensor wire and still does it.

Thanks in advance for all your help
When you watch the LEDs on the esc ramp up with the throttle, do they jump up immediately or ramp up the same rate at witch you pull the trigger back?
Old 04-23-2018, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
When you watch the LEDs on the esc ramp up with the throttle, do they jump up immediately or ramp up the same rate at witch you pull the trigger back?
They ramp up the same rate as the trigger pull. Randy sent me an email and suggested I do a factory reset. Gonna try that and see if it fixes all this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.