Wiki Posts
Search

KO PROPO - Software Updates

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default KO PROPO - Software Updates

So, I understand that there is a new"er" version of the software for the KO PROPO EX radios that will enable the display to be English Only. I understand a proprietary cable has to be purchased, but it's hard to justify spending $40.00 to use the cable one time! Curious if anyone has found a work around, or would be interested in a cable "share". Basically, I'd buy...use it, and then "rent" it out for like $5.00 in the hopes of the finding enough users that want to update their stuff? If so, I guess I would ultimately post in the for sale/trade forum, but curious if anyone has done this with their Radio.. Thanks!
Old 02-20-2017, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 90sRacer
So, I understand that there is a new"er" version of the software for the KO PROPO EX radios that will enable the display to be English Only. I understand a proprietary cable has to be purchased, but it's hard to justify spending $40.00 to use the cable one time! Curious if anyone has found a work around, or would be interested in a cable "share". Basically, I'd buy...use it, and then "rent" it out for like $5.00 in the hopes of the finding enough users that want to update their stuff? If so, I guess I would ultimately post in the for sale/trade forum, but curious if anyone has done this with their Radio.. Thanks!
Has anyone done the SW update? Does anyone want to?