Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
After three years, things have changed apparently, few questions if you don't mind >

After three years, things have changed apparently, few questions if you don't mind

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

After three years, things have changed apparently, few questions if you don't mind

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Progressive RC the importer and maintenance and repair for Icharger started selling these 20 Amp chargers. You would need a power supply. But they are very small but powerful.
http://www.progressiverc.com/isdt-sc-620.html
Old 02-01-2017, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vivo quevas
Progressive RC the importer and maintenance and repair for Icharger started selling these 20 Amp chargers. You would need a power supply. But they are very small but powerful.
http://www.progressiverc.com/isdt-sc-620.html
Thanks, I saw a few of those at the track. After a PS i'd be over $150 and have two components to carry for charging. Definitely want an AC/DC charger.

Dave
Old 02-01-2017, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
Thanks, I saw a few of those at the track. After a PS i'd be over $150 and have two components to carry for charging. Definitely want an AC/DC charger.

Dave
Not neccessarily true, you can use power supplies like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Volt-75-A...oAAOSw9eVXVmaI , I have one myself, & it's prefect, very small & light, & stays cool at all times. Hard to beat for the price....
Old 02-02-2017, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

That looks like a modified server power supply. Either way at $55ish for that and 75+ for a charger i'm at at least $125 and two components. I'm going to give that cheapy charger a go and see how it treats me. At under 50 shipped it'll probably die in a year but we'll see. I'm a wannabe EE so I'm sure I can fix anything that happens to it as it's just a basic charging circuit w/ voltage monitoring and cutoff I'm guessing.

Dave
Old 02-02-2017, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
That looks like a modified server power supply. Either way at $55ish for that and 75+ for a charger i'm at at least $125 and two components. I'm going to give that cheapy charger a go and see how it treats me. At under 50 shipped it'll probably die in a year but we'll see. I'm a wannabe EE so I'm sure I can fix anything that happens to it as it's just a basic charging circuit w/ voltage monitoring and cutoff I'm guessing.

Dave
Yes, those are refurbished server power supplies, I have one of them myself, works beautifully....