Search
Like Tree20Likes

Spektrum DX5R

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 02:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by proliteandsc
Looking to get the dx5r and a s6240rx servo and reciver in one. Anyone use one of these s6240rx? I'll be using it for on road racing. I can't find any reviews on it.
Love it, even though I work for the company, I do love it!! I use it in a majority of my 1/10 cars. Unfortunately, you needs to mount in a specific way. Not every on-road car can work with it. but it you can... it will same you weight and space for your wiring.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

Got the DX5R and s6240Rx in a Tamiya TT-02. Had a DX4C with SRS4210 reciver and S6180 servo. Running the DX5R at 5.5 ms frame rate and definitely noticed the difference. Not sure of frame rate on the DX4C.
Have a few questions.
I have to run the brushed motor that came with the TT-02. Does that have any effect on the adjustments, like expo, traction..?
If you make another firm update. Can you let us remove throttle trim from the buttons? Might need it with gas car. I have never used it with any electric car.
When we assign a button to change something on the fly, can the main screen show us what number it change to?
What is "speed" in the function list? Is that to adjust response time?
What can you change in one driving mode that will not effect in another driving mode? Was hoping you could have different steering expos set in each one but you can't. A list would be nice.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by proliteandsc
Got the DX5R and s6240Rx in a Tamiya TT-02. Had a DX4C with SRS4210 reciver and S6180 servo. Running the DX5R at 5.5 ms frame rate and definitely noticed the difference. Not sure of frame rate on the DX4C.
Have a few questions.
I have to run the brushed motor that came with the TT-02. Does that have any effect on the adjustments, like expo, traction..?
If you make another firm update. Can you let us remove throttle trim from the buttons? Might need it with gas car. I have never used it with any electric car.
When we assign a button to change something on the fly, can the main screen show us what number it change to?
What is "speed" in the function list? Is that to adjust response time?
What can you change in one driving mode that will not effect in another driving mode? Was hoping you could have different steering expos set in each one but you can't. A list would be nice.
Typically, one big factor I see in drivers going from the 4 series to the 5 series is that the two use different types of steering mechanisms. The frame rate is not any different but how your hands actually move to achieve the steering motion is slightly different. Muscle memory is different, so it can feel different. Also with drive moves, especially with something like expo, make sure you choose the "OTF Switch" to Drive Mode, this will allow you to store different expo settings for different Drive Modes.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nikos2002
Typically, one big factor I see in drivers going from the 4 series to the 5 series is that the two use different types of steering mechanisms. The frame rate is not any different but how your hands actually move to achieve the steering motion is slightly different. Muscle memory is different, so it can feel different. Also with drive moves, especially with something like expo, make sure you choose the "OTF Switch" to Drive Mode, this will allow you to store different expo settings for different Drive Modes.
I have my expo OTF switch. Just wish screen would show me the % when I use the OTF switch. Guess that's probably on the 6R. Still a great radio. I can't believe the difference of the DX5R from the DX4C. I have 2 identical Tamiya tt-02 cars. One has the DX5R with S6240Rx. The other has the DX4C with SRS4210 and S6180. It's like driving completely different cars. I'm going to switch radios to see if it's the DX5R or the servo.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello everyone.

I am having some issues with my 5r. On all three of my cars they seem to be glitching out at random times. I have the 2 of the cars with the SR200 RXs and the other car with the SR6000T. Switched back to my M12 and 0 issues for the race day. Any ideas on why? I noticed the Frame Rate was at 22? could the be the reason?

Thanks!
Old 02-26-2019, 06:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What other electronics do you have on the cars? The older generation receivers seem to be pretty sensitive to overpowered servos.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Stocker513
Hello everyone.

I am having some issues with my 5r. On all three of my cars they seem to be glitching out at random times. I have the 2 of the cars with the SR200 RXs and the other car with the SR6000T. Switched back to my M12 and 0 issues for the race day. Any ideas on why? I noticed the Frame Rate was at 22? could the be the reason?

Thanks!
Like was mentioned above, would be little concerned with the older rx's. Did you try to re-bind? Frame rate should be have effected it unless the receiver was not working properly.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sebtarta
Is this update the same for LiIon batteries as well then? Currently I had the battery replaced through Amazon, so I have the new one now. It is fully charged. I have been disconnecting the battery at the end of the day to make sure it keeps it charge. Should I send the DX5r to you guys to have it updated then?
Yes, if you have a 5R, and want to use LiPo/Lion batteries, you should send it in to the service team to have them update the 5R. The 5Pro works correctly out of the box. But the older 5R needs that update.
Just want to give an update regarding the fix from Spektrum. It has been working perfectly since the hardware update. The LiIon battery has not lost any voltage while leaving it plugged in to the radio. Very happy customer, so thank you Nikos.
Mahjik likes this.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Like was mentioned above, would be little concerned with the older rx's. Did you try to re-bind? Frame rate should be have effected it unless the receiver was not working properly.
Yes I tried to re-bind and the electronics are XR10 pro escs spektrum S6240s with Lipo Factory battery and Monster Max 13.5 & 17.5s.

What are the current receivers to buy? I believe I need atleast 4 ports due to running a fan and transponder.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stocker513
What are the current receivers to buy? I believe I need atleast 4 ports due to running a fan and transponder.
https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...rodID=SPMSR515
LETSDRIVE!! likes this.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default Need servo/reciver for DX5R

I have a DX5R with a S6240Rx in my Tamiya TT-02. Like the way it turns. Looking to get a Shumacher Mi1v2. Can't use the S6240Rx because esc plug is on the side that will be against the chassis. To bad Spectrum did make plugs come out on both sides, or on part of servo/reciver where all other servo wires come out of. Anyone know of a good Spectrum servo and reciver I can use that will work at 5.5 ms and not brake the bank? I'll be using it for VTA racing on asphalt.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

SPM6240 with SR2100 receiver would be top of the line. If you wanted to same a little on the receiver - go SR215 ($29.99), just a touch longer than 2100. All works in 5.5.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

What is the big difference performance wise between the dx5r and the dx6r
Old 04-03-2019, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by strodedawg
What is the big difference performance wise between the dx5r and the dx6r
6R is color, touch screen, with Android operation system. Its like touching your phone to make all the adjustments. DX5 Pro has all the same settings and operations, in a typical dot screen format. They have same operating performance - just depends on the way you wan to input your information.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

Default ESC up in smoke

I have a TT-02 car with a brushed TBLE02 ESC that went up in smoke. LHS told me it could be the AVC control on the srs4210 reciver. I wasn't using the AVC when this happened. Is that AVC system meant work with a brushed motor ? If I leave the bind plug into the disable port during operations. It should disable all AVC functions, right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.