Wiki Posts
Search

Servo Options ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Servo Options ?

Hey all, like the Title states I'm looking for some opinions on Servo's, right now I use a ProTek 100T it has 216oz torque and a .14 transit Time, I've had it a few months and its nice and at 55$, a great deal as far as value vs Performance, However I've sunk a considerable amount of cash in my Sct with the goal of building a superior track monster and because my kit was no longer available as a kit I had to buy and build it piece by piece so why not get the best, but more importantly I just plain love the darn thing.
anywho I now feel she deserve's a Higher end servo I'm looking to spend 100-150$ maybe more But I just don't know what one to get, I like Japanese product but I'm not brand loyal, I understand cored vs core less and metal gears vs the non, I def want one that's faster to but that's the extent of what I know about servo's.
I looked up a couple but I feel like there's so much more out there witch is why I'm posting this Id like some opinions and recommendations from the experienced, I would be great full for your input.

Please no arguing or debate'n I'm going to read all opinions learn, look at the mentioned brands look them up and make a choice so thanks in advance for keeping it simple and fun.

Sincerely, Phil
Old 01-01-2017, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I would look at the xpert 4000 series servo. It can run up to 6.6v with up to 267oz torque and a .07 sec transit speed for $80. Best of both worlds in my opinion, we'll priced, quick and strong.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EbbTide
I would look at the xpert 4000 series servo. It can run up to 6.6v with up to 267oz torque and a .07 sec transit speed for $80. Best of both worlds in my opinion, we'll priced, quick and strong.
Thanks, this is exactly what I mean I've never heard of xpert Im def looking them up. how is there service life for you so far ?
Old 01-01-2017, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PhilipBGreen
Thanks, this is exactly what I mean I've never heard of xpert Im def looking them up. how is there service life for you so far ?
Well I have about one year with no issues on my low profile xpert servo in my 2wd buggy and so far I've only had a chance to test out their 4000 series in my 4x4 sct. But the reviews on it from Amain show a lot of promise.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Well I have about one year with no issues on my low profile xpert servo in my 2wd buggy and so far I've only had a chance to test out their 4000 series in my 4x4 sct. But the reviews on it from Amain show a lot of promise.
thanks, yeah that was my next ? where did you buy it, cause I couldn't see any info on a 4000 series on there website but ill check it out over at AMain.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

thanks, yeah that was my next ? where did you buy it, cause I couldn't see any info on a 4000 series on there website but ill check it out over at AMain.
Technically I got it through my local hobbytown because I get their employee discount. But they ordered from Amain.com in a bulk shipment

https://www.amainhobbies.com/xpert-4000-series-high-speed-aluminum-center-case-servo-xptsi-4431/p276593
Old 01-01-2017, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Technically I got it through my local hobbytown because I get their employee discount. But they ordered from Amain.com in a bulk shipment

https://www.amainhobbies.com/xpert-4...i-4431/p276593
yeah these are some dope servo's but the 4000's not for me tho its numbers are impressive but I really want an all aluminum servo, not that you were supposed to know that lol, so I'm now looking at the Xpert MM-3301 Or even The Xpert R1

hey thanks for turning me on to the Brand there def on the list !!!
Old 01-01-2017, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Common guys Feed me some different Brands share some opinions, also I was just thinking will my radio have a direct effect on my servo like for instance I use a futaba 3prka there entry level unit, I bought it cause it had won a BigSquid shoot out against much more expensive units and fit my budget at the Time.

but am I correct in thinking that it does not matter how fast a servo is if the radio is not just as Fast ? and would it be true to say matching servo and radio work better together ?

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 01-01-2017 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

yeah these are some dope servo's but the 4000's not for me tho its numbers are impressive but I really want an all aluminum servo, not that you were supposed to know that lol, so I'm now looking at the Xpert MM-3301 Or even The Xpert R1

hey thanks for turning me on to the Brand there def on the list !!!
No worries mate, it's better to buy right the first time so you gotta get what you want
Old 01-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Phillip, what's up bro? My 3 favorite servo brands currently are Xpert, Spektrum, and Protek. Given what you're after, check out the Spektrum S6290, and the Protek 150s. If you might consider a shorty, check out the Protek 160t. Happy hunting!
Old 01-01-2017, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Common guys Feed me some different Brands share some opinions, also I was just thinking will my radio have a direct effect on my servo like for instance I use a futaba 3prka there entry level unit, I bought it cause it had won a BigSquid shoot out against much more expensive units and fit my budget at the Time.

but am I correct in thinking that it does not matter how fast a servo is if the radio is not just as Fast ? and would it be true to say matching servo and radio work better together ?
Servo transit speed should be accurate to its advertised ratings, but since you're using an entry level radio system, the latency from transmitter to receiver will be limited.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trigger
Servo transit speed should be accurate to its advertised ratings, but since you're using an entry level radio system, the latency from transmitter to receiver will be limited.
+1

I'm not sure what the actual latency is on futaba FHSS systems but I'd bet it's no faster than .10 seconds which would mean a servo can only transmit at .10 seconds regardless of specs.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by King DORK
Phillip, what's up bro? My 3 favorite servo brands currently are Xpert, Spektrum, and Protek. Given what you're after, check out the Spektrum S6290, and the Protek 150s. If you might consider a shorty, check out the Protek 160t. Happy hunting!
Originally Posted by trigger
+1

I'm not sure what the actual latency is on futaba FHSS systems but I'd bet it's no faster than .10 seconds which would mean a servo can only transmit at .10 seconds regardless of specs.
Whats up brotha !!! Thanks for the info +KingDork and Thank all you guy's, seriously, After hearing this I Think it would be smart of me to upgrade my radio system before I get a really nice servo as I would like to be able to take advantage of it, specially after testing on the ozite, my sct had become much sharper more responsive everything just felt amplified from all the traction witch is another reason I wanted to upgrade, I'm going to do some research on the Futaba FHSS system or at least look through the manual and find out for sure.

If you guy's could name a few radio systems that can operate in the .6 .7 range of the top of your head that would be awesome, I could most likely find it used for a good deal. ounce upon a time I was Looking at the Sanwa MT4s I think this one is really fast and would prolly be my first choice sense I could prolly sell my futaba and protek together and put that toward a brand new Mt4s

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 01-02-2017 at 01:44 AM.
Old 01-02-2017, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Whats up brotha !!! Thanks for the info +KingDork and Thank all you guy's, seriously, After hearing this I Think it would be smart of me to upgrade my radio system before I get a really nice servo as I would like to be able to take advantage of it, specially after testing on the ozite, my sct had become much sharper more responsive everything just felt amplified from all the traction witch is another reason I wanted to upgrade, I'm going to do some research on the Futaba FHSS system or at least look through the manual and find out for sure.

If you guy's could name a few radio systems that can operate in the .6 .7 range of the top of your head that would be awesome, I could most likely find it used for a good deal. ounce upon a time I was Looking at the Sanwa MT4s I think this one is really fast and would prolly be my first choice sense I could prolly sell my futaba and protek together and put that toward a brand new Mt4s
Either the Sanwa MT-4S or the Futaba 4pv would get you down to near zero latency. I think they both bring you around .01 or .02 seconds. But my personal favorite would be the Sanwa because I've always used them and I've never had an issue with their servo's or transmitter/Receiver combos.

But either way you go would see you happy with the speed. Both transmitters are similarly priced and have similar specs so it'd just be a matter of deciding which one you like the look of most
Old 01-02-2017, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Phillip, if I was in the market for a new radio I'd get one of the Sanwas. Not saying they're better than Futaba, or worse for that matter, that's just what I'd get. Until then, my fossil of a Spektrum DX3R Pro has been serving me just fine, lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.