Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
1/8TH ELECTRIC SPEED CONTROLLERS. THE GOOD THE BAD? >

1/8TH ELECTRIC SPEED CONTROLLERS. THE GOOD THE BAD?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

1/8TH ELECTRIC SPEED CONTROLLERS. THE GOOD THE BAD?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fizzy
Have you run the latest 8 scale Hobbywing stuff too? Just curious cause I love the 10 scale HW stuff and I'm very close to going ahead with the xr8 series but was kinda tossing around the idea of an Orion too, they seem to get the same praise about how smooth they are from everyone that's run them. The new HW esc's I've heard a heap about them being alot smoother too so I'm wondering if it's worth the extra coin to try the 8.1 I just love the HW stuff I have and it's really hard to fault anything about it and here in Aus the HW distributor is about as good as it gets for customer service and help where as I've heard complaints about Orion customer service being a bit sad when things go wrong can't say for sure only speculating from what a few others have said.
Just picked up complete new Hobbywing XR8 Sct Pro's for both my short course and E817 buggy. Haven't driven either yet. My R8.1 after a full season is starting to show a sensor error at the end of race. Can't tell if its driving any different. I got the new G2 matching hobbywing motors also. curios to see how smooth it drives with a true full sensored system.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Had a chance to test all the new Hobbywing gear this weekend. Wow is it smooth and
fast. The coast feature felt good on my short course. Truck didn't tend to nose dive at all over jumps. Have a little to much turbo on my ebuggy as it was ballistic. I'll be dialing that down for this coming weekends races. So far very happy with how smooth they run.

Cant stress enough if you run hobbywing to pony up for the wifi link. Makes updating to the latest software for esc's so simple.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

which motor did you used with XR8 sct?

and can somebody explain what is difference between full sensdored mode and sensored mode?
asking as I have two fresh other brand motors, so I wish to understand is it realy sence to buy new HW motor or not...which options I will loose if will go with HW esc +other brand motor?
Old 02-20-2017, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hardijs

and can somebody explain what is difference between full sensdored mode and sensored mode?
asking as I have two fresh other brand motors, so I wish to understand is it realy sence to buy new HW motor or not...which options I will loose if will go with HW esc +other brand motor?
I didn't use a different brand motor but when I 1st got my SCT I couldn't get it to link up with program card so I ran it without sensor mode. Not very responsive but really smoothe. I got used to it quick and kinda like it. When I whent to full sensored mode the throttle is much more linear right from the first flick of the trigger. Very Sweet, Butter! HW 4268 1900kv motor XR8 SCT.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hardijs

This is the way I understand sensored vs full sensored. In sensored mode the motor starts off sensored for the smooth acceleration then once it starts getting up to speed the esc switches to sensorless mode for more efficiency.

In full sensored mode, the motor never switches to sensorless.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

thank you guys for those answers! appreciate it
Old 02-28-2017, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Just figured out my RX8 is a paper weight (strange as it finished a race over the summer and sat until tonight but now it doesn't turn on)
Looking at either the Hobbywing XR8 plus or the SMC 150-8 Has anyone tried the SMC yet? How big is the XR8 plus, will it fit nicely on the MBX7 ECO tray?
Old 02-28-2017, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beidle99
Just figured out my RX8 is a paper weight (strange as it finished a race over the summer and sat until tonight but now it doesn't turn on)
Looking at either the Hobbywing XR8 plus or the SMC 150-8 Has anyone tried the SMC yet? How big is the XR8 plus, will it fit nicely on the MBX7 ECO tray?
The RX8 might just have a bad switch, I had that happen so many times that the first thing I do with a new Tekin is cut the switch off and solder the wires together. The XR8 plus will fit the Mugen just fine.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:04 PM
Tech Initiate

If you want send it to me and i could have a look at it, possibly fix it for you too..
Old 03-01-2017, 02:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MX304
The RX8 might just have a bad switch, I had that happen so many times that the first thing I do with a new Tekin is cut the switch off and solder the wires together. The XR8 plus will fit the Mugen just fine.
first thing I tried. No luck.
Pulled it out and started to disassemble and noticed the corner of the case is cracked, not bad but it is cracked. Thinking that last race was a little rough on my equipment then I remember

Dashpuppy,
I'm interested in that, Pm me the details.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

first thing I tried. No luck.
Pulled it out and started to disassemble and noticed the corner of the case is cracked, not bad but it is cracked. Thinking that last race was a little rough on my equipment then I remember

Dashpuppy,
I'm interested in that, Pm me the details.
Bummer. I'm tempted to try that SMC when I have the need for another esc.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello,
I am going to change my HW XR8 Plus to another esc. The lag in the esc is no fun at all...

Anyone had tesing the new Muchmore FLETA M8.1 180A with 2 -and 4S?
Old 02-04-2018, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

A guy ran the SMC in a Tekno all last season with no problems.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mamyllyn
Hello,
I am going to change my HW XR8 Plus to another esc. The lag in the esc is no fun at all...

Anyone had tesing the new Muchmore FLETA M8.1 180A with 2 -and 4S?

I have it in my 8ight 4.0 buggy which i use only for bashing and speedruns. Stays cool consistently. Can't comment on its performance in racing. I also have the xr8 plus and there is a little more lag than in the Muchmore
Old 02-05-2018, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Anyone have a link to the exact SMC Esc used in 1/8th scale. I just see two 1/10th scale Esc's on thier website.

I think I have the 170 in my 4wd buggy. Seems a bit small for an 1/8th Ebuggy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.