M12s or 4px? Or?

Old 12-13-2016, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default M12s or 4px? Or?

Hello, i am looking to upgrade my radio. Im looking at either the m12s or the futaba 4px. Idc about price or anything. I just want to feel as connected to my cars as possible. I currently have an mt-4 and have outgrown it and have raced with it long enough to notice a difference when i use a regular m12. So i want to upgrade. I have never used a 4px or any futaba radio so i just want everyones thoughts on which one you feel makes you more "in the drivers seat" and which one feels better to you and why. I was also looking at the dx6r because it has some awesome features but ive always had problems with spektrum stuff in the past and i hardly ever see a spektrum radio work properly without headaches and glitching. Thanks in advance
Old 12-13-2016, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FU4onMIcmu0
Old 12-13-2016, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thank you. Ive watched that video and its a very good video. It helped a lot and im just looking for some more opinions.. its going to be used purely for racing only.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

I switch from Sanwa M11x to M12 Futaba 4PX and now on to Sanwa M12s.

4PX is a good radio controler, feels great at the not drive, looks like from the future with the TFT screen, and with the associated new receiver (R314 ...) and Updat for 4px also super fast (honestly not The big one)

We drove many to 4PX, did almost everything that had problems with the pot. Can be the Futaba at new Serri has improved it.

For me, M12S is better

She has it all, to make it ergonomic for you, nothing needs to be bought.

The mechanics feels better for me when driving
Also the ergonomi when driving i find also better.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cday View Post
Hello, i am looking to upgrade my radio. Im looking at either the m12s or the futaba 4px. Idc about price or anything. I just want to feel as connected to my cars as possible. I currently have an mt-4 and have outgrown it and have raced with it long enough to notice a difference when i use a regular m12. So i want to upgrade. I have never used a 4px or any futaba radio so i just want everyones thoughts on which one you feel makes you more "in the drivers seat" and which one feels better to you and why. I was also looking at the dx6r because it has some awesome features but ive always had problems with spektrum stuff in the past and i hardly ever see a spektrum radio work properly without headaches and glitching. Thanks in advance
Each brand radio has it's unique feel to it. People that like Futaba most likely will like newer Futabas. If you really like the MT4 you most likely will prefer M12s. The handle is the same and egro is about the same. You can also keep using your existing receivers.

I use 4px since I come from 4pksr and have some receivers I can use already. Futaba has a more num and less twitchy more stable feeling. M12s feels more responsive but feels more twitchy. I don't think it's a actual response time thing, but rather a gain and damping setting the brands chose for their radio system. Both will be very fast and have way faster frame rates and resolution you can actually distinguish from one to the other. I think both can exceed 200 hz in refresh rate
Old 12-18-2016, 09:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default 4pxr or m12s

somebody asked a similar question. You can take a look at this thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...ba-4pxr-3.html.
Old 12-22-2016, 01:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If your main requirement for a new radio is to feel as connected as possible and to give you the greatest chance of winning or improving your racing I think its OVERWHELMINGLY obvious that there us only ONE choice right now: Sanwa M12S.
Its not the prettiest nor the easiest to program but latency is the lowest in the industry and I have never met a single racer who didnt feel more connected with an M12s over whatever their previous radio is.
Look at EVERY ETS or on-road worlds A main grid over the past 2 years, the entire grid is most often M12s and it has little to do with sponsorship--top driverswill use the radio that gives them the best chance of winning.
If you must have a color or touch screen then no, m12s is not for you, but if you want the BEST chance at winningit is the ONLY choice--at least right now.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Radiopost try 1.. or the futaba..i have used many many radio in the past 5 years nothing was as a part of me as a radiopost.. smooth and every setting works 100%..
Old 12-22-2016, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

my vote would be for the new sanwa MT44 great upgrade coming from the MT4. Just got mines and all i can tell you is don't sleep on it!!!
Old 12-22-2016, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Without a doubt, M12!
Old 12-22-2016, 09:51 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I think they are both the same. Pick the one that is more ergonomic for your hands. I believe everyone thinks the m12 feels more connected because the wheel and throttle come much stiffer out of the box which can feel more connected. The futaba can be easily tightened
Old 12-23-2016, 04:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAE View Post
I think they are both the same. Pick the one that is more ergonomic for your hands. I believe everyone thinks the m12 feels more connected because the wheel and throttle come much stiffer out of the box which can feel more connected. The futaba can be easily tightened
I actually thought the stock steering tension on the M12 felt LESS connected so I installed the soft spring they supply and adjusted it down--I personally much prefer soft steering and throttle tension.

People "think" it feels more connected because it IS more connected. The 4Px is a better built, MORE comfortable, easier to program radio but I am faster and in more absolute control with my m12S.
Old 12-27-2016, 12:13 AM
Tech Initiate

1st things 1st: I own a 4PX and I'm absolutely happy with it, and I've always driven Futaba radios except for the last time when I tried the M12 (not the S).
But my opinion is that you should go with the M12 unless you're involved in large scale racing.
The decision is really simple - you should have a look at the podium at the largest races when running A-main finals. If you ignore the stick radios you'll see that 8-9 of 10 electric guys and 6-8 of 10 nitro guys drives Sanwa.
Only the large scale classes are different: 10 of 10 guys will drive Futaba.

The reason for this is that the large scale vehicles utilize a lot more from the functions of the radio systems and also in a more complex way (e.g. separate channels for front and rear brake systems, two steering servos, etc.). You have to oversee a lot of parameters to understand how your model is set up.

This is the area where the Futaba is definitely better: it has a much easier to use user interface, and also you can decide what you want to see on the display. This gives you a much better understanding of your large scale model.

For the rest, the Sanwa is probably better.

You should also consider taking the MT-44. You'd save a bunch of money, and the functions the M12 offers above it are the ones that you'll probably never use. Also the MT44 is a very lightweight radio. It's almost half the weight of the M12, literally.