Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
hobbbywing 3 in 1 program card >

hobbbywing 3 in 1 program card

hobbbywing 3 in 1 program card

Old 04-03-2016, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default hobbbywing 3 in 1 program card

I am looking for a specific firmware to put on my esc. Hobbywing had the 2 in 1 program card and now the 3 in 1(cant find the 2 in 1 now)

From what I read the 2 in 1 has type A and type B firmware you can use, I need one that is in type B, v1.18_150114

All I really need to know is if I can excess that firmware with the 3 in 1 or do I have to try to find the old 2 in 1?

Thanks
Old 04-05-2016, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

What ESC do you have? You need a programming card that has the USB computer interface since for almost all ESCs you need to load a new ESC firmware off the computer.

I haven't heard their programming cards being called 2 in 1 or 3 in 1. They have been the LED and LCD programming cards. You needed the LCD one to load new firmware.

The available firmware is limited by ESC, meaning the firmware must be compatible with the ESC.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The older 2-in-1 didn't have enough memory to hold programming for multiple versions of ESC, so you could only have one at a time. The newer/current (3-in-1, because of the cell checker) could accomodate all programs at once, therefore, no need to switch anything. This current one should work for all ESC from HW assuming you have the updated software loaded to the programmer.

Did you try it with the 3-in-1?
Old 04-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I found out that the new 3 in 1 has the firmware I need that will work with the eBay clone I have. Ordered it up and should be here by Saturday

That $20 esc is great. All I need I'd the right firmware to smooth out the direct rev.