Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Please help . Installed new brushless motor now steering and motor are reversed. >

Please help . Installed new brushless motor now steering and motor are reversed.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please help . Installed new brushless motor now steering and motor are reversed.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 11:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Please help . Installed new brushless motor now steering and motor are reversed.

Hi,

Have just installed a new kobbywing 3656 3800kv brushless in traxxas slash that has a HK-sens-100amp ESC, and now the motor and the sterring are reversed.

I Matched up all the 3 colours for power cables between motor and ESC.

This car was running fin previously with another brushless motor(not sure of brand, model as purchased second hand, just light blue can).

I read on the forums that you change either of the 3 colur cables between moter and esc but still everything is in reverse.

Come help as to what to do would be great.

Cheers
Old 02-10-2016, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Lol, why can't you just flip the throttle on radio?
It is perfectly normal to flip the throttle / steering on radio for certain brand of servo or motors.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:55 PM
Tech Rookie

i am a newbie at this how do i go about this..

I have a traxxas tq trasmitter..

Cheers
Old 02-11-2016, 12:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by yifuqiao
Lol, why can't you just flip the throttle on radio?
It is perfectly normal to flip the throttle / steering on radio for certain brand of servo or motors.

Have tried this with the correct instructions and it makes no difference

bsed on the traxxas instructions and this makes no difference
Old 02-11-2016, 01:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Seems strange that both got reversed from changing the motor. The steering servo will need to be changed on the radio, if its a sensorless motor swapping 2 of the 3 wires will change the direction.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Do you mean the steering control on the transmitter controls the motor on the car now? It isn't clear from your description. Or do you mean the steering is reversed i.e. left is right and right is left?

If it is the first one then simply switch the steering and throttle channel wires in the receiver if it is the second issue then simply switch the channel direction on the transmitter which is very simple to do.

It is impossible that a simple change of motor will reverse the steering and throttle channels (you must have mistakenly done something else during the change) unless you removed the receiver wires in the process and put them back incorrectly or inadvertently changed the settings on the transmitter.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:15 AM
Suspended

Hi.. so you either switched the 2 rx plugs in your rx .. th to st and vise versa.. or your radio have switch its Th direction along with servo..
Old 02-11-2016, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JaseP
Have tried this with the correct instructions and it makes no difference

bsed on the traxxas instructions and this makes no difference
Once you do this, you have to recalibrate the radio to ESC.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
Once you do this, you have to recalibrate the radio to ESC.
Agree with Koback. For steering reverse your TX. as for ESC, read your manual on calibration of ESC. Brushless motors you must Calibrate.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Since the motor is sensorless, just switch two of the motor leads.

You will have to go into the Traxxas controller and switch the steering servo/ channel 1, to get it steering right. That is the ONLY way to correct this. You have to do it thru the set button.
Here's the Traxxas procedure to correct this. If you mess up, turn the controller off then back on to clear any mid changes you have made and haven't saved. Oh and make sure to save the change when you're done.
Channel Setup
Steering Servo
Then Servo Reverse
Then save and exit

http://s15.postimg.org/6rqel9jw9/controller_2.png
Old 02-12-2016, 02:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just had the same problem.. And as stated above I switched channel 2 on my radio to reverse.. And switched red and white wires on my esc and problem solved.., I also had the servo and esc plugged into the wrong channels..
Servo ch1 esc ch2 seems to work better that way..
Old 02-12-2016, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Lol I won't tell about the time I had the esc and the steering both pugged into channel one on a Traxxas dual channel one receiver lol. When I turned the steering, the throttle went nuts lol. Took me 20 minutes to figure it out lmao.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spookie
Lol I won't tell about the time I had the esc and the steering both pugged into channel one on a Traxxas dual channel one receiver lol. When I turned the steering, the throttle went nuts lol. Took me 20 minutes to figure it out lmao.
. I guess if you could steer with the throttle and throttle with the wheel you would be alright lol..