Search
Like Tree183Likes

New Spektrum Radio DX6R

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sleddriver
Finally, a radio with 250 model memory I hope this radio works well.
I know right!! I stopped at 30 models because that's all my TX could support. Now I can make my collection 250 vehicles deep!!
Old 02-17-2016, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jason07
I know right!! I stopped at 30 models because that's all my TX could support. Now I can make my collection 250 vehicles deep!!
LOL, that is awesome, can you imagine actually having 250 RC cars. I mean, how big of a home and garage would you need?
Old 02-17-2016, 08:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I can see the advantages of higher model memory can save different configurations for the same vehicle but with different track conditions, 250 may be a little overkill but better than not enough lol, would really like to see some info on the android system ie can you down load apps, have spreadsheets on there, or some kind of set up sheet that is editable so you would always have access to set up info and change that around. that I think would be cool as hecka
Old 02-17-2016, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07
There is nothing at this time. It will be coming with a 4000mah battery which is a LOT of juice for a system such as this. As soon as I have the opportunity I will try to get this data. Keep in mind, while at anywhere with power, there is a nice docking cradle that you will always set your radio back in to keep it topped off.
Very impressed with the spec 4000 mah lipo in theory it should last a whole race day no problem but I guess we'll see when it actually comes out
Old 02-18-2016, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slashn77
Very impressed with the spec 4000 mah lipo in theory it should last a whole race day no problem but I guess we'll see when it actually comes out
Im using 2200 NiZn's in my 3R that last 4 race days ( a month long) before they drop down to about 6Vs.... I know some that are using 1700-1900 LiFe's again with no issues, so I think a 4000 will be fine for a long race weekend ( Friday thru Sunday). But the voltage specs for the 3R are 4.5V minimum. If the 6 is a minimum 6.5V, who know how long it will last before you need to recharge.

Cant wait till they release this pig
Also cant believe people are starting to try and compare a product that is not even out yet to others... Really. How's that Mars mission going for ya
Old 02-18-2016, 12:17 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Will the charging cradle work with the radio laid down on its side or will it need a rubber band to hold them together?
Old 02-19-2016, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jslider
I can see the advantages of higher model memory can save different configurations for the same vehicle but with different track conditions, 250 may be a little overkill but better than not enough lol, would really like to see some info on the android system ie can you down load apps, have spreadsheets on there, or some kind of set up sheet that is editable so you would always have access to set up info and change that around. that I think would be cool as hecka
The radio will have the ability to offer drive modes which are like sub-models almost that you can switch between for just this purpose.

Originally Posted by dtr
Will the charging cradle work with the radio laid down on its side or will it need a rubber band to hold them together?
The cradle is meant for the radio to stand up in it to use up less pit space. If you dont want to use the cradle, you can just charge through the USB port on the actual radio itself.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:34 AM
dtr
Tech Master

The cradle is meant for the radio to stand up in it to use up less pit space. If you dont want to use the cradle, you can just charge through the USB port on the actual radio itself.
Thanks Ryan, usb charging is good enough at the track; I am just afraid to leave a charger standing since bumping into my pit table and breaking an antenna
Old 02-20-2016, 09:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dtr
Thanks Ryan, usb charging is good enough at the track; I am just afraid to leave a charger standing since bumping into my pit table and breaking an antenna
Radio should be stable on the cradle. There really is not an antenna on these radio's anymore so that should not be a concern.

Again with a large capacity lipo powering the radio battery life should not be an issue at all.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:00 PM
Tech Rookie

When are we going to start seeing more pictures or maybe a video of the remote?
Old 02-24-2016, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slash2016
When are we going to start seeing more pictures or maybe a video of the remote?
Well, I would imagine some of that will start to pop up toward the end of March as we will have many in the field at this time for testing.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have a question about the receivers, will the one with telemetry work at 5.5 or just the race one? would seem like a good option to have telemetry on a race receiver.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jnyrcr
I have a question about the receivers, will the one with telemetry work at 5.5 or just the race one? would seem like a good option to have telemetry on a race receiver.

As far as I know, only the SR2000 works on 5.5 ms,and even then only 2 channels are working when it is meaning steering and throttle. You can still use other channels for BEC's transponders, etc.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jnyrcr
We are currently working on that to see if it is possible. I would like it to be but that doesnt just make it so, lol. There is a good chance they will be 5.5ms for sure when used in 2 channel, but not sure if you can do that and still get the telemetry data in when needed.

At some point, we all need to have a discussion on what 5.5ms actually means, lol. I think some other manufacturers have caused some serious confusion as their marketing folks have used this number maybe not so accurately.

I guess I have a second to explain right now before the questions come.

When we (Spektrum) talks about frame rate, we are referring to the time between the receiver and lets say the servo. We are NOT referring to the time between the transmitter and the receiver. We at spektrum believe that the time between the transmitter and receiver should always have the lowest latency possible. We are at or faster than any other radio on the market in this regard today. The only reason we have a frame rate you can set is because some servos or equipment simply cannot handle that speed. They almost get confused. Take an older analog servo, if you plug that in to our radio system as 5.5ms, it goes crazy most of the time. Therefore, we allow you to slow it down to a speed it can handle.

What other manufacturers use in their "marketing" message is that frame rate equals faster. Well, yes and no. They talk about frame rate for them as the processing between the radio and the receiver (at least many of them do). So, comparing them to us with these numbers is like comparing apples and hamsters...not a good comparison.

So, please just understand, sometimes in any industry, you can see numbers that should be one to one, but they are not. That is why we always do all of our own bench testing versus just looking at numbers. And when it comes to radios, latency is king. The lower the better.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:00 PM
Tech Regular

We are currently working on that to see if it is possible. I would like it to be but that doesnt just make it so, lol. There is a good chance they will be 5.5ms for sure when used in 2 channel, but not sure if you can do that and still get the telemetry data in when needed.

At some point, we all need to have a discussion on what 5.5ms actually means, lol. I think some other manufacturers have caused some serious confusion as their marketing folks have used this number maybe not so accurately.

I guess I have a second to explain right now before the questions come.

When we (Spektrum) talks about frame rate, we are referring to the time between the receiver and lets say the servo. We are NOT referring to the time between the transmitter and the receiver. We at spektrum believe that the time between the transmitter and receiver should always have the lowest latency possible. We are at or faster than any other radio on the market in this regard today. The only reason we have a frame rate you can set is because some servos or equipment simply cannot handle that speed. They almost get confused. Take an older analog servo, if you plug that in to our radio system as 5.5ms, it goes crazy most of the time. Therefore, we allow you to slow it down to a speed it can handle.

What other manufacturers use in their "marketing" message is that frame rate equals faster. Well, yes and no. They talk about frame rate for them as the processing between the radio and the receiver (at least many of them do). So, comparing them to us with these numbers is like comparing apples and hamsters...not a good comparison.

So, please just understand, sometimes in any industry, you can see numbers that should be one to one, but they are not. That is why we always do all of our own bench testing versus just looking at numbers. And when it comes to radios, latency is king. The lower the better.
So are u referring to a company like airtronics m12s or even the mt4s that has been posted to have 2.9ms? Because I am in the market for a new radio and I am s racer so 5.5 to 2.9 can be a noticeable difference so if you can elaborate more to this topic specifically that will help me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.