Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Need help with esc & motors >

Need help with esc & motors

Need help with esc & motors

Old 01-21-2016, 07:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Need help with esc & motors

I just bought my first 1/8 scale electric buggy and I'm in need of some help with what esc/motor combo to buy or if I should buy the esc separate and a motor separate? I've been doing some research and I have been getting mixed reviews so I really don't know which way to go. Honestly I'm leaning towards either the Castle Mamba Monster X or the Tekin RX8 and the PRO4 HD motor but I like the Hobby Wing Xerun XR8 Plus 150A esc. I was also thinking about running like a 2100Kv motor. Any help would be much appreciated and thanks in advanced.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:21 PM
Tech Regular

I'm in the same situation.
Look for a motor between 1900-2100 kv if you will be racing. ESC that are ratad at least 150A.
This is what I have benen told.

Tekin, HW, Mamba monster v.2, Toro or Reds are just some of the brands. You can probably find a esc/motor combo from each brand if you want. Reds will release their esc in march.

If it's possible go to your track and talk with the guys there, easier to get info and maybe you can try some different combos.

Hope it helps!
Old 02-06-2016, 11:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What's your budget? Most will recommend a Tekin combo.