Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba 4PX with FASST receivers

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Futaba 4PX with FASST receivers

I just got my 4PX (which is a very sweet radio btw). In my eagerness, I bought a 3 channel receiver for my boat (R603FS) without much thought since I don't need 4 channels.

Get it home all excited, setup the drop down wheel, power it up, play with the settings, I go to bind only to discover it's not working. Rookie mistake, didn't read the instructions, my C1 receiver is not compatible with the radio. DAMNIT. I'm going to my LHS and will return the receiver.

Now my question is which receiver should I have bought in the first place? The manual specifies the R614FS/FF-E and R604FS/FS-E. Futaba's website doesn't have the R604 listed, can't find any info. Anyone have details on these FASST receivers and recommend one to get (I need an external antenna as my hull is lined with carbon fiber).
Old 01-05-2016, 06:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

The most reliable I have found with the 4px are the T-FHSS receivers. So an R304SB or an R2104GF for S-FHSS which is just as good, easier to bind but no telemetry.

FASST is old technology.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:48 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Although FASST is an older tech, it is also Futaba's propitiatory system so the chance of it failing compared to the T-FHSS system is lower. For surface application T-FHSS should be enough. But for air or marine application, you would want the extra security of less interference or signal lost.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The primary reasons why I've been getting only R614FS and FF-E are for its quality, and backwards compatibility when I get the 4PX-R...just in case my 4PKS-R crapped out.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nexxus
The most reliable I have found with the 4px are the T-FHSS receivers. So an R304SB or an R2104GF for S-FHSS which is just as good, easier to bind but no telemetry.

FASST is old technology.
Can you explain how to bind the 4px with R2104gf?
I dont have link option in the transmitter when moved it to S-fhss