Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Explain Airtronics SHR SSR >

Explain Airtronics SHR SSR

Explain Airtronics SHR SSR

Old 09-15-2015, 07:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Explain Airtronics SHR SSR

Just got an MT-4S looking to maximize that connected feel. right now my buggy has a savox 1257tg steering servo. Is it worth it to go to a sanwa servo to be able to use ssr mode? which of their servos is compatible with ssr response.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I don't think it is necessary. I have the MT4 with 1258tg in my rides, and if they are set up for full transit speed, they are twitchy as hell. I can't imagine needing less latency or quicker response time. I have to tone it down as it is already.

You may be different, but I think your current setup is going to be about as good as it gets. Spending all that $$$ on the Airtronics servo is likely to be a placebo.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Some people say they can tell the difference some say they can't! Personally, I would not go out of my way to buy a New servo just to find out. If you are in the market for a servo and one of the SSR servos are in the price range your looking for, then go for it. But if your just going to dish out the money for a servo on the basis of the response time, I would say No. If the servo you have fits your needs and you feel it works well save your money for something more useful. Just my opinion.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Can't you run the Savox at SSR response level? I emailed Savox a while back and they said I could run my 1251 at SSR.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:04 AM
Tech Rookie

i have always heard that airtronics servos were required for ssr, and then only some of them are capable of it. something to do with the pulse width needed to get it to reach its full travel being lower allowing a smaller frame rate.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, the Sanwa/Airtronics SSR servos are expensive, but a few other servos are also rated as SSR compatible.

We use the Highest DLP650 low profile servo in our touring car, and that servo is SSR certified. We have the steering channel in SSR mode on our M12. Works perfect.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:25 AM
Tech Rookie

is there someplace to get a list of ssr capable servos.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Salkin View Post
Yes, the Sanwa/Airtronics SSR servos are expensive, but a few other servos are also rated as SSR compatible.

We use the Highest DLP650 low profile servo in our touring car, and that servo is SSR certified. We have the steering channel in SSR mode on our M12. Works perfect.
Originally Posted by rennocneb View Post
is there someplace to get a list of ssr capable servos.
The first post is updated regularly:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...-faq-info.html

Salkin, please post in that thread about the highest servo so tks can add it to the list.