Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak - are they closing down?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 08:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Novak - are they closing down?

The logo said "Novak or Nothing" and if my mates are correct come 2016 it will be nothing! I could email Novak but they NEVER reply. Anybody got the goss on this topic. With 8 cars fitted with Novak ESC/Motor combos it will be a shame to see them go.

Bigdog
Old 02-11-2015, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

they announced the active8 version 2 last week and a new program box. dont think they would release more items if they are closing. i might be wrong on my thought though
Old 02-11-2015, 09:08 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think i recall someone posting on here about them getting settled in to a new location. But i think that was quite a while ago.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:14 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I hear they are working on reduced hours. Its a shame since their ESCs used to be the leaders back in the brushed days.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Things must be very slow to post a thread like this one.. Novak is still going strong under same family own personal. Emailed with Bob two days ago. He reminded me that all motors are wound here in the states, PC boards are manufactured down the street from new location, Adnon still developing super cool engineering. I feel so fortunate to have a company like this producing the great rc products I want.

I run the pulse v2 in 1/12th mod, impact in my stock/ 13.5 1/12th cars, pulse v1 in my stock touring car. Vulcan motors in all cars. Voltage booster in mod car. I love the fact I don't need a program box to program esc.

Anyone want profiles for any of these classes just let me know.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

When I started in the Brushed days it was a case of if you were cashed up you had a Novak GTX Esc if you were poor it was the Futaba MC330R, now Novak barely gets a mention, and if it does it's not in a complimentary sense.

Sad really.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigdogswhitebus
I could email Novak but they NEVER reply.
Charlie has emailed me back in the past when I've annoyed him with questions within 24-48hrs.

Good company. One of the original originators.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Last edited by J.Pietsch; 02-12-2015 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

I absolutely love Novak. I run their Ballistic and Vulcan motors as well as their ESC's too. That's always my 'go to' company for motors and esc's and they've never let me down.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

I used to run Novak exclusively. But lately they've seemed to have fallen off. In my experience they've been having quality and supply issues - by that I mean I get a defective product and it takes months to get a simple warranty issue dealt with.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

I think they did have some issues a couple of years ago that got blown way out of proportion on the Internet. That's the bad thing about forums and the like, anyone can post anything and people will jump on board and before you know it things that are subjective at best have become gospel truth.

I do know this, I have emailed Charlie recently and he has replied almost instantaneously. I also use Novak products and have recommended them to friends who are using them successfully. They have been reliable for me.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Supply issues. Seriously! Never heard of any issues. I buy multiple novak products yearly and always find what I want the first time I search.

Quality issues.. Again where does this stuff come from? This is top of line products serviced here in the States. Two weeks later I have my stuff back the very few times I needed to send stuff back.

Try that with Lrp or hobbywing or whatever overseas products you race. Most times with those company's your better off just throwing it away.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Don't forget here in the United States that NOVAK was the first company to promote (and I beleive produce) Brushless motors and ESC's. I remember seeing a 4wd sedan at SoCal in about 2004 running in the mod class (we all could not believe how quiet the car was.

The GTB was the first brushless ESC I remember seeing on the shelf at the hobby store/track (along with the novak brushless motors).
Old 02-12-2015, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cookie1
Supply issues. Seriously! Never heard of any issues. I buy multiple novak products yearly and always find what I want the first time I search.

Quality issues.. Again where does this stuff come from? This is top of line products serviced here in the States. Two weeks later I have my stuff back the very few times I needed to send stuff back.

Try that with Lrp or hobbywing or whatever overseas products you race. Most times with those company's your better off just throwing it away.
I can't help but notice your post seems to be aimed at mine... I prefaced my post with "in my experience" because in my direct experience Novak went from having good products and good service to crap in the space of about a year. Sorry if that offends you.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am a little disappointed they don't make chargers anymore. I will be getting back into the hobby after 11 years, and I will be using Novak ESCs without hesitation. I'm sure they will work flawlessly. I hope the company is around for many years to come!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.