Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bluebird 620mg servo temperature

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Default bluebird 620mg servo temperature

hello i use this servo for throtle brake on my xray xb808.i remove the servo from the car and tested it with no linkage on it and i notice that the servo is getting hot very easy it reaches 37celsius just with 10-15 movements i repeat with no load in it.do you think is safe to continue use it??

Last edited by kostas xray; 02-09-2015 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

I wouldn't want to take much of a chance with a nitro throttle servo, runaways can get ugly, especially with a nice buggy like an Xray. Is it on direct 2S lipo power? Reason I ask is lipos are so popular and with a quick glance at the specs I don't see anything suggesting it's rated for that.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dave H
I wouldn't want to take much of a chance with a nitro throttle servo, runaways can get ugly, especially with a nice buggy like an Xray. Is it on direct 2S lipo power? Reason I ask is lipos are so popular and with a quick glance at the specs I don't see anything suggesting it's rated for that.
no i use it with 6v pack.i test it again with not fully charged battery and in 5 minutes operation with no load in it it reaches 60 celsius.