Dx4r

Old 01-27-2015, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Dx4r

Presently been using a Dx3r for many years now and was just wondering will upgrading to the Dx4r make me any faster than I am today?
Old 01-28-2015, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I would not expect that to improve your personal performance on the track. It would allow you to use the more recent receivers out there though. But it is money wasted on trying to go faster.

Not sure what you are running, but the best money most cars can use would just be the right tire.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It depends on the type racing you doing of you running carpet it could mean 2 tenths of a sec on steering you need to be able to set your entry speed and exit speed on the servo most people run a little more going in and let coming off the corner. Off road is not my type racing but if the steering is to fast and to much travel on your end points you could be pushing bad and not know it till you let off the throttle and then lose it not knowing it was over steering that causes the problem. I hope that helps you just study up on this type info online and it will help you in all forms of racing I promise. Good luck too!
Old 01-28-2015, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

I find that going from one top of the line radio to the next top of the line radio rarely if ever increases speed just a bit more features or adjustability.

In other words, no the DX4R will not make you faster than the DX3R Pro but it will give you mixing for crawling.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
I find that going from one top of the line radio to the next top of the line radio rarely if ever increases speed just a bit more features or adjustability.

In other words, no the DX4R will not make you faster than the DX3R Pro but it will give you mixing for crawling.
+1 agrrement here. the Dx4r is just another channel. Not any more latency that the 3R pro. 5.5ms is all your going to get... Now if you havent set your speed on your 3R pro to 5.5; do that and you'll notice alot faster responce of radio input, to your car reacting.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:34 AM
Tech Initiate

You would have to go to the futaba radio to take advantage in the above info the spectrum radio will not do it . Go check out the manual on each radio and you will see the difference. Always put your money in the best radio and charger and you will always come out happy in the end . We have people come in the shop all the time and buy radios and want to save money but there right back in a few months buying the better stuff. I know I done it too lol.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by stevecox1957 View Post
You would have to go to the futaba radio to take advantage in the above info the spectrum radio will not do it . Go check out the manual on each radio and you will see the difference. Always put your money in the best radio and charger and you will always come out happy in the end . We have people come in the shop all the time and buy radios and want to save money but there right back in a few months buying the better stuff. I know I done it too lol.
the 3R Pro will let you change from 3 different speeds depending on your reciever. I currently have the 3 Pro and had to show others there is a difference between the 3R and 3R pro. My LHS didnt even know.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:43 PM
Tech Initiate

You Right Freebird That's What I Use Is A Pro Model And Live It But The new Futaba Radios Let You Set The Percentage Of Turn And Speed On Each Side Unlike Spektrum Radios In The Futaba I Can Set It To Turn In To 40 Percent At Any Speed I Can Set The Other Side To Come Out Slower To Help Stop It From Trying To Get Loose Or Push That's The Only Thing I Like About Futaba . I have run spektrum for years and ko before that so you know where my heart is although I do like this option on futaba .
Old 01-28-2015, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Awesome thanks for all the info. I have been racing for awhile now (Offroad) and was wondering what others thoughts on the radio upgrades were. By the way I only have the original 3R not a Pro so would that make more of a difference as most thought I was referring to the Pro over the 4R.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

The DX3R (first version not the Pro) also has the 5.5ms frame rate setting. As mentioned it needs to be selected, and requires a sufficiently capable servo, most digital servos should work at the 5.5 setting.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
The DX3R (first version not the Pro) also has the 5.5ms frame rate setting. As mentioned it needs to be selected, and requires a sufficiently capable servo, most digital servos should work at the 5.5 setting.
also the right receiver........
Old 01-28-2015, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by stevecox1957 View Post
You Right Freebird That's What I Use Is A Pro Model And Live It But The new Futaba Radios Let You Set The Percentage Of Turn And Speed On Each Side Unlike Spektrum Radios In The Futaba I Can Set It To Turn In To 40 Percent At Any Speed I Can Set The Other Side To Come Out Slower To Help Stop It From Trying To Get Loose Or Push That's The Only Thing I Like About Futaba . I have run spektrum for years and ko before that so you know where my heart is although I do like this option on futaba .
I understand where your coming from now...

I have a split personality of offroad and inroad. I feel I need to step up to another level of radio for my inroad that Spectrum just doesn't offer right now. My choice was made today for the Futaba PX4. I haven't pulled the trigger yet but will very soon.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freebird View Post
My choice was made today for the Futaba PX4.
You should change your mind and get the 4PX instead....just sayin'.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:42 AM
Tech Adept

Have only run spektrum for awhile now. Maybe time for a switch.Hmmm.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by freebird View Post
also the right receiver........
No, the 5.5ms setting is servo related (digital vs analog) as I have used that speed with every Spektrum Rx from the original SR3000 DSM to the latest DSM2, including the clones.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.