R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 01-27-2015, 02:00 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default 4px or m12

I'm having a hard time deciding on which one of these two I should get. What I'm asking is for some of you to tell me why you chose one over the other. Now I'm using a 4pks and have a few receivers but I'm willing to switch if the m12 is that much better. Ive also held both radios so I know what they feel like. So let's hear your thoughts.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:07 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The 4PX is very well balanced and not to heavy.

It is not overly large and the screen and menus are easy to read and navigate.

The 4PX is feature packed and performed great.
B16A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:37 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just recently switched radios, went from a dx3rpro to the 4px, I just got it in the mail last week and had not had the chance to test it at the track yet. But all I can say is it's freaking is nice. And even with the car on the pit stand I can tell the servos are much faster than with the my old radio.
When I was looking to upgrade last month I did tons of research, It came down to the M12 and the 4PX. I choose the 4PX because of a few reasons.
1. First was it's the newest radio on the market right now, So I don't have to worry about it being replaced with something better just after I buy it. (that always happens to me lol) The M12 is a couple years old from what I understand
2. Was the price of the receivers since I had to replace 7 receivers, that was a big factor. Right around $40 for non-telemetry receivers and $60 for the telemetry receivers is really affordable. The airtronics receivers are around $100.
3. The thing is beautiful, it's sleek and sexy. The color screen is fantastic and feels very nice in the hand.

My gripes about the radio are I wish it came with both grips in the box. even though it feels really nice, i would like to feel the difference without having to purchase it separately. Also the screws they supply for the dropdown are really soft and can strip easily, you have to make sure you have the perfect fitting screw driver or you will wreak them.

All in all, I am so glad I got the 4PX. you'll be the envy at the track if you get it!
scottdm75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:35 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

4px great radio, light weight and fits the hand well with good balance, I compared the two and didn't like the bulky feel of the m12...............easy to navigate and understand and its bling, which is always a good thing
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote