Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
icharger 406 or cellpro 8 >

icharger 406 or cellpro 8

icharger 406 or cellpro 8

Old 07-28-2014, 07:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Default icharger 406 or cellpro 8

Hi i am looking for a new charger to replace my gforce one.What is the better charger the cellpro or icharger 406 they seem so close in speck but in real life whitch one is the better one ? i really cant decide i like the screen on the icharger seems very easy to use but some people say the cellpro charges cells better ? What do you guys think has any one had both ?
Thanks for the input
Old 07-28-2014, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I'm interested in the response to this question as well. The iCharger seems to have gained some sort of mythical status in the RC community, but I have also heard tales of poor customer service and official information on the web seems to be pretty sparse. Personally, I'd rather have a friendly company that stands behind their product than have to go through a middleman storefront distributor to resolve issues. Revolectric seems to be a little more established in that sense.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Locally, the people I have known that have owned both prefer the icharger. I have one and it is so easy to use and charges accurately and quickly....
Old 07-30-2014, 12:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pauly6401 View Post
I have also heard tales of poor customer service and official information on the web seems to be pretty sparse. Personally, I'd rather have a friendly company that stands behind their product than have to go through a middleman storefront distributor to resolve issues. Revolectric seems to be a little more established in that sense.
I am currently looking at the iCharger 4010 Duo and the Cellpro PL8 v2, bad customer service is definitely a deal breaker.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Devil Dog View Post
I am currently looking at the iCharger 4010 Duo and the Cellpro PL8 v2, bad customer service is definitely a deal breaker.
buy from progressive rc. I am told they have great service and support chargers for a year.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I've had my 308duo for 8 months and I love it. I had a pl6 before and I think the 308 is easier to use and has many convenience and display features that you can't get on a Powerlab.

I bought from Progressive and I can say they made me much more comfortable with the purchase. They really have great customer service.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wrongchannel View Post
I've had my 308duo for 8 months and I love it. I had a pl6 before and I think the 308 is easier to use and has many convenience and display features that you can't get on a Powerlab.

I have both the PL8 and a 4010 duo. I use the 4010 duo more than the PL8. But both are great chargers who (IMO) do a much better job of charging my packs than any LRP or Orion charger that I've used previous to them.