Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lvc's and lva's

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

Default lvc's and lva's

Hey guys i purchased a novak 5476 for 2s-4s battery power to run on a dual battery system i wired it up and for some reason it is not working properly called novak and through emails tried to solve the issue basically all he could tell me is that my connectors are terrible yada yada, so i'm very unhappy with there customer support, anyways i need to know if there is another alternative cutoff i can run on a esc that powers two lipos at the same time or lva. I would prefer to run a cutoff, any intel would be awesome thank you.

p.s. my punctuation is horrible i know
Old 06-11-2014, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Are you running in series or parallel? If your wiring is really messed up it doesnt matter what you buy, its going to be a problem.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

parallel
Old 06-12-2014, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

Also if anyone has installed this kit i have another question when its all hooked up and you power the system on should the l.e.d.'s come on and then go off? or should any of them stay on during use? That's why i'm frustrated with this because i do not want to go on a hunch and ruin my lipo's by draining them to much thinking that this cutoff will do it's job.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

This might work better in your case.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rm_2s_4s_.html

These would plug directly into each pack and you should be good to go.

Since you are running them in parallel they should stay at the same voltage throughout your run. In series would be different and that ma be why you are having problems.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Got it figured out! the founder of novak bob novak actually called me and told me exactly what i needed to know. I have never had customer service like what he gave me in my life, if anyone needs novak support call and request him to talk to he is a very nice guy. Thanks again for your input as well.