Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
BAD BATCH OF SANWA SERVO'S!! >

BAD BATCH OF SANWA SERVO'S!!

BAD BATCH OF SANWA SERVO'S!!

Old 06-06-2014, 04:31 AM
Tech Adept

Default BAD BATCH OF SANWA SERVO'S!!

As title I have found 3 servos with what can only be a faulty spline pitch!!

The way to test if urs is or not is with an alloy servo horn!
Yokomo hudy these types which don't have a cut in to clamp it up!

The plastic horns work fine it is the alloy ones.

I have 2 971's (waterproof) and 1 sdx801.

I have a friend with a 971 with the same fault to.

These servos are faulty contact ur shop or distributor
Old 06-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The tolerances are tight with the splines but i would hardly say that would make these servos faulty. I too use alloy servo horns and haven't had a problem with fitment.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Tech Adept

If u can get an alloy horn on your servo...

Then I guess ur servo is fine

U physically CANNOT get an alloy horn on CANNOT

ALL Ur body weight on and CANNOT get on

A SCREW PULLING IT ON AND U GUESSED RIGHT CANNOT FIT!

I wouldn't post an allegation like this if I could get a horn on I'd happily take a little snug, I have been messaged and some have publicly said "they thought it was them" it's not its a fault.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
As title I have found 3 servos with what can only be a faulty spline pitch!!

The way to test if urs is or not is with an alloy servo horn!
Yokomo hudy these types which don't have a cut in to clamp it up!

The plastic horns work fine it is the alloy ones.

I have 2 971's (waterproof) and 1 sdx801.

I have a friend with a 971 with the same fault to.

These servos are faulty contact ur shop or distributor
If the plastic ones fit and alloy ones don't...sounds like the alloy horns are not right. Seems no one else has this issue. Do the alloys have the same amount of splines compared to the plastic ones?

Last edited by Andy Koback; 06-07-2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hope you're using 23 spline servo horns. BTW I use Hotbodies alloy servo horns.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Ive got several of the 'suspect' servos. No problems here. The serpent or hudy alloy arms I use are a tight fit but they do fit. I've had issues with cheap non brand alloy horns not fitting before by that is hardly the servos fault. Sanwa has amongst the highest QC in the market. I'm sure that they haven't had a batch issue...
Old 06-08-2014, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

I only have have hudy and yokomo horns so no cheap ones here...

And they don't go on bud at all, I've tried many ways of getting them on.

I guess the QC has failed this time but they have such a large part of the market it will happen from time to time.

Like I said I have 3x 801's and 2 971's, the two 971's and 1 of the 801's will not accept any of my 9 hudy or yokomo horns! I wonder if it's the 2 that do accept the horns that are faulty then..
Old 06-08-2014, 06:02 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Count the splines and measure. Maybe they switched to a larger shaft or spline count
Old 06-09-2014, 01:55 AM
Tech Adept

No teeth and measurement exact compared to my older 801,

It can only be the teeth a pitch or the bottom of the teeth is not deep enough if that makes sense
Old 06-09-2014, 08:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Or you know, dont post highly detailed pics and measurements to substantiate your claims. Just make vague references from "friends and people". I think user error is the case, unless you can prove it besides "I said so".
Old 06-09-2014, 09:20 PM
Tech Adept

Mate I couldn't give a flying fook if u or anyone else believes me, if u or anyone else has purchased a servo recently and it either does or doesn't accept a horn.

I have an issue with a few servos that have been purchased within a month of each other and they don't fit a horn that was removed off the same brand servo.

I could give a dame boss.

I can count past 23 and I'm not bad with a vernier so I think I can read a few digits.

I truly hope that the wise arse that do nothing but keyboard bash do have a bad servo, and purchased it from wingwong and get zero f
Old 06-09-2014, 09:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Never mind, was going to comment but its obvious OP doesn't find it necessary to back up a claim.

Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
Mate I couldn't give a flying fook if u or anyone else believes me, if u or anyone else has purchased a servo recently and it either does or doesn't accept a horn.

I have an issue with a few servos that have been purchased within a month of each other and they don't fit a horn that was removed off the same brand servo.

I could give a dame boss.

I can count past 23 and I'm not bad with a vernier so I think I can read a few digits.

I truly hope that the wise arse that do nothing but keyboard bash do have a bad servo, and purchased it from wingwong and get zero f
Old 06-10-2014, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

What do I need to backup about?
I have an issue with servos
Sanwa uk have received them back and I'm awaiting an answer!

The fact that other people have an issue (I haven't said all servos have an issue I've said a batch) supports there is a few out there, simples.

I'm asking for no seal of approval, I truly don't care if people wish to get the product rectified.

I have purely posted I have an issue with 3 of my servos and to check urs.

People are posting that the alloy horn goes on there's, great I have a couple that accept them fine too. We're not interested in those ones.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dude, this is a froum of people in a hobby that demads we "make things work" sometimes, and we are all on a different level of experience and ability.

I dont own Sanwa servos but Im reading this because it is highly possible that YOU are doing something incorrectly. I am fairly new, and I want to see the pics and explanations and IF you are doing something wrong I want to learn, so I can avoid the same mistake later.

You may be absolutely right, and Sanwa may have some issue. You are possibly doing everything right and using the correct servo horns...Its quite possible! In that case, Sanwa has good customer service and they will fix you up!

But, acting like a JERK when people ask for pics or futher explanation, and jumping down peoples throat when they say that their idential servo is fine is unacceptable.

Either play nice, or find a new sandbox.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by ctsvls2 View Post
Dude, this is a froum of people in a hobby that demads we "make things work" sometimes, and we are all on a different level of experience and ability.

I dont own Sanwa servos but Im reading this because it is highly possible that YOU are doing something incorrectly. I am fairly new, and I want to see the pics and explanations and IF you are doing something wrong I want to learn, so I can avoid the same mistake later.

You may be absolutely right, and Sanwa may have some issue. You are possibly doing everything right and using the correct servo horns...Its quite possible! In that case, Sanwa has good customer service and they will fix you up!

But, acting like a JERK when people ask for pics or futher explanation, and jumping down peoples throat when they say that their idential servo is fine is unacceptable.

Either play nice, or find a new sandbox.
TBH I was asking alot from OP. Asking for proof that Sanwa had some manufacturing defects on servo splines is a little to much to ask. You know like a close up detailed pic of the splines of the bad servo next to a known good servo spline. Or maybe the bad servo next the servo horn for a reference pic, With good lighting and good focus. Something clear and sharp so we the reader could understand, and so you could forward these pics to Sanwa so they could see what your talking about.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.