Wiki Posts
Search

MuchMore CTX-D Discharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ryan Lee
You are right Kevin,

In ctx-d case, 5A linear discharging current is maximum.

With 5A discharge, my good cell counts approx. 2000sec.

We are testing 30A pulse discharge, it takes much longer than 5A linear.

But CTX-D discharge 6 cells at the same time, so it won't take so long.

In Japan, the price will be around 23,800yen.

All you guys opinion or any comments for CTX-D here will be very helpful for making better stuff because it's still under developing.

Thank you,

Matt, see ya in 2006 Reedy. I practice very hard. By the way I am not engineer, so I can stick on here on rctech. LOL

Ryan
Hey Ryan......... How goes it? Very busy I see lately. Curtis (DC Motorsports) and I have been noticing this new product. We can't wait to check it out when it is released.

Care to try any traction compound in swap for Much More? haha. Take it easy.

Jeff Brown
Old 08-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Tech Regular

hi ryan

i'm using a spintec batman to discharge my packs at 35amp but due to pulse discharging, it takes abt 2+ hrs juz to discharge a fully-charged pack. tis is way too long to discharge a pack. how long does a CTX-D take to discharged a full-charged pack (3700 mAh)?

i am hoping tat the new CTX-D will have 30amps pulse & linear discharge available. during race, sometimes i really need a high amp linear discharger to dump the batts fast
Old 08-25-2005, 01:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Looks really dialed, but I'd like to see it have a constant 30 amp discharge rather than pulse, I have my Spintec for that. Any chance of that happening?
Old 08-25-2005, 03:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

One feature suggestion:
Can we have a charging intergration mode? Under this mode the discharge circuit will be cut off, allowing the battery charge on top of CTX-D, also, make a votage monitor to see each cell's current votage, as well as each cell's votage drop. This will help us to see which cell finish the charging earlier. It won't be individual cell charging (like Spintec ICC), but individual cell monitoring. Must be a handy tool for those battery guru.

Ya.. I'm waiting for ICC too, super cool stuff.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ttso
One feature suggestion:
Can we have a charging intergration mode? Under this mode the discharge circuit will be cut off, allowing the battery charge on top of CTX-D, also, make a votage monitor to see each cell's current votage, as well as each cell's votage drop. This will help us to see which cell finish the charging earlier. It won't be individual cell charging (like Spintec ICC), but individual cell monitoring. Must be a handy tool for those battery guru.

Bloody awesome idea! And shouldn't be too difficult to implemtn i think?
Old 08-25-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Team Much More Crew should organise a poll here in RCtech on what racers really want on the CTX-D. I for one would like a 30 amp linear discharge for a $200+ product.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default Ground

Originally Posted by ttso
One feature suggestion:

I hoped that fuction so I 've asked it to my engineer
but it's technically difficult because Ground(minus -) is all connected to charger, so it will cause short circuit.

Thanks,
Old 08-25-2005, 10:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hoped that fuction so I 've asked it to my engineer
but it's technically difficult because Ground(minus -) is all connected to charger, so it will cause short circuit.
Thanks,
Ouch, I thought you have completely seperated circuit for each cell. If all ground are connected, than such feature is impossible...
Old 08-30-2005, 11:48 PM
Tech Regular

Default Test result

FYI,
30A pulse discharge takes 35~40minutes.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

how about a PC connection - so you can see the discharge graphs on your PC for each individual cell?
Old 09-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Tech Adept

FYI,
30A pulse discharge takes 35~40minutes.
30A linear discharge takes 6~8 minutes...that's what I'm talking about!
Old 09-05-2005, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

Default MuchMore concept

CTX-D is compact discharger and personal matcher.

We want to make people happy with its multi-function, lightweight-compact design (and the price maybe).

For 30A current linear discharging, we should make at least 4times larger case, big heat sink and cooling fans.
The price? maybe more than double.
But when we make our products, always try to make things smaller and lighter. (I HATE heavy ones, what I carry to race track is already over 40kg!)
I don't want to make this hobby too hard.

If one looking for linear 30A discharger, I recommend to use Turbo matcher.
it's very nice.

If you try to rematch your batteries with TM, you should unsolder them then grind the surface of cells.(this is hard job)

You don't have to do the job if you would have CTX-D, it can match single 4cells and rematch your old packs without unsolder job.

Guess what happen to your batteries when they are discharged in racing?
Probably they are close to PULSE discharging not LINEAR( if they are not used for Drag racing.)

I believe people will recognize how CTX-D is convenient and its 30A pulse discharge shows exact values, safe for batteries.

It's time to back to work.
sorry about my poor English hope you understand what I'm saying.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys
i was thinking about and really i dont know if it actually includes an avarage voltage of discharge of each cell.
another thing that i consider could be fine would be a wider range of auto cut voltage from at least 0.6 to 1.0 volt.
its linear discharge could be curret adjustable, but all that things can only be done if discharge is controlled by big FET transistors. I dont know if it could be done without increasing drastically final retail price.

these are just some ideas, some of them may couldnt be done without changing the whole desing, but actually i dont know how is it made electronically so may be helpful for you
Old 09-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

We want to make people happy with its multi-function, lightweight-compact design (and the price maybe).
Hi ryan, i guess customer like us always want MUCH MORE features but what you said make perfect sense as well. It seems like you are indicating the price would be quite affordable.. It will sure be more expensive than the Much More Zero-V trays for sure but what sort of price range would it be? e.g. will it be more expensive than the Novak SmartTray?

If the price is reasonable, i guess most of us will still want one even if it doesn't have 30A linear discharge/charging intergration mode/pc connection..etc
Old 09-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yellow15
will it be more expensive than the Novak SmartTray?
it was posted earlier that expected price will be around twice the cost of smart trays.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.