dx3s not binding

Old 06-01-2014, 03:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default dx3s not binding

I have a dx3s that's not wanting to bind to anything the screen works and the roller works and so I have replaced the antenna and still no go, also tried with another rx and no go I'm about to just sell it for parts but first I want to see if anyone can help.... :confused
Old 06-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

I apologize if I'm insulting your intelligence but have you inserted the bind plug in the spektrum radio? I have the DX4s and unlike any other radio I use, that particular one requires a bind plug to be inserted into the batt connector before the radio can be bound.

1. Insert plug into batt. I'm not sure but I think it just shorts pin 1 to 3.
2. Turn receiver on
3. Wait for light to flash on receiver
4. In bind menu on Spektrum scroll down to "bind" and click "bind". It should beep and the flashing light on the receiver should go solid.
5. Turn off receiver.
6. REMOVE THE BIND PLUG.

Last edited by kodack10; 06-01-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The receiver that comes with DX3s bind plug port is separate, but you do have to follow the sometimes cryptic instructions for binding carefully.
Once you figure it out, you'll be OK.
Make sure all your batteries have a good charge.
Be sure to follow the reverse recognition cycle, and make sure your ESC recognizes your radio.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kodack10 View Post
I apologize if I'm insulting your intelligence but have you inserted the bind plug in the spektrum radio? I have the DX4s and unlike any other radio I use, that particular one requires a bind plug to be inserted into the batt connector before the radio can be bound.

1. Insert plug into batt. I'm not sure but I think it just shorts pin 1 to 3.
2. Turn receiver on
3. Wait for light to flash on receiver
4. In bind menu on Spektrum scroll down to "bind" and click "bind". It should beep and the flashing light on the receiver should go solid.
5. Turn off receiver.
6. REMOVE THE BIND PLUG.
No your not insultingn me bc I was thinking I was doing it wrong but when I too it to hobby town they said that I was doing everything right
Old 06-02-2014, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Big Trol View Post
The receiver that comes with DX3s bind plug port is separate, but you do have to follow the sometimes cryptic instructions for binding carefully.
Once you figure it out, you'll be OK.
Make sure all your batteries have a good charge.
Be sure to follow the reverse recognition cycle, and make sure your ESC recognizes your radio.
see that's the thing is I've had a full battery on both controller and the RC I've had to put in the right way and it's still not binding
Old 06-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scionsteve View Post
see that's the thing is I've had a full battery on both controller and the RC I've had to put in the right way and it's still not binding
Like I said, don't overlook re-binding the ESC, with the radio.
If your radio doesn't recognize your ESC, all the binding in the world won't help.

Not wanting to disparage Spektrum, they have some great entry level equipment, and if your willing to spend the bucks, some of their high end stuff is really good.
Since I switched over to Airtronics, I've had 0 problems between RX-TX.
Futaba has some great equipment as well.
Seems like there has always been conflicts between Spektrum and other radio systems.
Why not put that behind yourself, and move on to a more serious radio system.

Last edited by Big Trol; 06-02-2014 at 11:36 AM.