Wiki Posts
Search

Throttle reverse

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions?? Throttle reverse

Hey guys, got a real newbie question. So I got a used to bash around a little and just got a sidewinder esc/motor. The QuickStart guide mentions if using a futaba transmitter to reverse the throttle position before calibration. I have a 4pls that I use with my sc10.2 and I can't find where/how to reverse it. My question is, do I need to reverse it and if so how do I do it with the 4pls.

Thanks guys
Old 05-19-2014, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

it is in the radio settings menu. There should be something resembling channel reverse, and you want to reverse channel 2.

you might not even have to do this, as with this system, you can swap any two wires to change rotor direction, but changing channel direction would be best.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Alright, thanks, I found it. It was under a reverse menu then it had steering, throttle chan3 and chan 4 and the setting for each was either norm or reverse.

Now I have another question. What setting would I use or how could I adjust how quickly it goes from reverse to forward. Here is what I'm dealing with. When moving forward if I brake it brakes, then I have to lift and reverse (other wise it just stays brake till it's stopped. Going in reverse though if I hit the throttle it instantly goes from reverse to forward. I'm just worried about this being rough on the gears and drivetrain. Not sure if I explained my question very well but any suggestions.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I understand. I'm not sure if you can adjust that (I don't think so) on the radio, or on the esc. The escs manufactures usually reccomend not going reverse to forward throttle without letting the car stop first. Just be careful.